Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot General (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Voxgate - New Scam ? (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=3529)

hddlab 11-08-2008 11:13 AM

Voxgate - New Scam ?

Hi all, I was just trying to write this message at the News part of this forum but I have not the propoer privilege, but as seams that this can be iportant I decide to write it here and maybe the moderator can change it to a proper place or delet it.

Today I was doing research in Voip things when I found Voxgate.biz. I goes to this website and I read it then I just did a sing-up and I got the infos in my email. Then my softphone just froozen and I reboot my computer after this I was trying to use the service and it does not work, everything that they say does not work.
1- Does not call others Voip using the proper Sipcode.
2- Does not call any 0800 - USA, UK, etc
3- The DID number from UK is very wear since start with this prefix 870.
Also I tryed to call my own DID and does not work.
4- I call theyer number and I got no answer.

When you call an 800 number seams to me that I hear a russian lady saying a message.

Is this a new Scan or some stupid hacker did some bad work to them?

Maybe more people can try and write here or at the proper place what is going on.

Thank you very much.
Jose Pinto - Brazil.

boatman 11-08-2008 08:08 PM

Are you talking about voxgate.biz or voipgate.biz? Your title mentions voxgate, whereas you mention voipgate in the message.

If you are after a UK DID why not try Sipgate.co.uk. They offer 845 prefix DIDs which cost the caller less than the 870 DIDs.

hddlab 11-08-2008 11:44 PM

Voxgate.biz

dibsmft 12-05-2008 03:58 PM

It seems to be a Bulgarian voip privider. I does not seem to connect to this site.

josephs 06-09-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hddlab (Post 19744)
Hi all, I was just trying to write this message at the News part of this forum but I have not the propoer privilege, but as seams that this can be iportant I decide to write it here and maybe the moderator can change it to a proper place or delet it.

Today I was doing research in Voip things when I found Voxgate.biz. I goes to this website and I read it then I just did a sing-up and I got the infos in my email. Then my softphone just froozen and I reboot my computer after this I was trying to use the service and it does not work, everything that they say does not work.
1- Does not call others Voip using the proper Sipcode.
2- Does not call any 0800 - USA, UK, etc
3- The DID number from UK is very wear since start with this prefix 870.
Also I tryed to call my own DID and does not work.
4- I call theyer number and I got no answer.

When you call an 800 number seams to me that I hear a russian lady saying a message.

Is this a new Scan or some stupid hacker did some bad work to them?

Maybe more people can try and write here or at the proper place what is going on.

Thank you very much.
Jose Pinto - Brazil.

You need to use SipCode Brazil :)