Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot General (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Free DID Numbers, Free Voip Calls, & more Voip Info (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1776)

dc2007 07-04-2007 11:51 PM

it says...."dialing via local telephone service"..."failed to place call using local telephone service"

emoci 07-10-2007 03:59 AM

The number you are dialing has to be the same as the number you registered with PhoneGnome.

In other words, it's like your PhoneGnome Account for let's say 515-233-2332 is calling 15152332332....

In your PhoneGnome Account, under call analysis, see the format that is being dialed right now....than adjust as needed

BTW, this may help:
WorldWide Local Calls

Also check the original RFD thread for some updates....

bpere 07-17-2007 01:34 PM

Very useful information, thanks for that.

I'd like to add uknumber.co.uk - Giving you a free UK phone number - wherever you are in the world! which gives you a free 056 number in the UK. The advantage over 084x, 087x, 070 is that 056 numbers are supposed to be charged at standard landline rates for the calling party in the U.K. (I say "supposed to" as this is the way it should work in theory, but it depends on the provider).

emoci 08-15-2007 10:39 PM

If anyone wants to check at the original RFD thread, there is now a way to use VoXalot in Conjuction with PBXes that makes callthru possible...

One could replace adding each Voip Provider at PBXes (as mentioned in the guide), with just adding your VoXalot account where you have dial plans configured.

In other words you can achieve CallThrough with SipBroker--VoXalot Acct(One Set up just for CallThru)--PBXes--VoXalot Account You use for all your Calling with Smart Call Configured

And even add TPad, so you can use their access Numbers for places where SipBroker does not offer local numbers.

Free DID Numbers, Free Voip Calls, & more Voip Info - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

Placing VoIP Calls from any Old Regular PSTN Phone

serendipitydawg 08-16-2007 08:21 PM

As bpere says above

056 numbers are supposed to be charged at standard landline rates for the calling party in the U.K. (I say "supposed to" as this is the way it should work in theory, but it depends on the provider).

I have just obtained an 056 number from:

uknumber.co.uk - Giving you a free UK phone number - wherever you are in the world!

Tell all your friends and family to use a BT line (domestic /residential /business NOT a payphone)when using an 056 prefixed number and then they will get "standard landline rates" which are 3.25pence for up to 60 min plus 6p call setup charge

You can check with BT's online price list here

BT Price List

affinity 08-17-2007 04:19 PM

I just created a new number at uknumber.co.uk and I am finding that whenever it calls successfully, it goes straight to voicemail.

I think this may be because I forwarded it to:
voxalot-id@voxalot.com
- instead of
voxalot-id@au.voxalot.com

I have sent an email to them to have the sip uri adjusted.

affinity 08-17-2007 04:20 PM

btw I am finding that it seems to be a bit hit and miss as to whether the number works or not.

Optus prepaid mobile [AU], sometimes works, other times says that the number is disconnected. Three mobile fails, MNF fails call.

Not sure if this one will work out, but this is all fun and good for testing / research purposes.

affinity 08-17-2007 06:01 PM

Now I can't get the UKNUMBER to work from the Optus mobile again... but it worked on MNF.

The sip uri fwd was changed, now it doesn't go straight to voicemail any more -- so that is good.

Edit: corrected SIPNUMBER to UKNUMBER...

JeFFJuH 08-23-2007 06:56 AM

I'll make this topic a sticky, as it contains a lot of useful information.

amroe 08-27-2007 05:37 AM

I had added New Information , and i will add more emoci :)