Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Tips, Tricks & HowTo's (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Nokia Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=427)

martin 03-27-2007 12:07 PM

Registrar and proxy servers are either:

au.voxalot.com
eu.voxalot.com
us.voxalot.com

Realm / Domain is:

voxalot.com

Tranworld 03-27-2007 12:20 PM

Thanks Martin, indeed that's how I set them and they work most of the time, what I would really like to know is what do they do? wouldn't the proxy and STUN be enough?

martin 03-27-2007 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tranworld (Post 7247)
Thanks Martin, indeed that's how I set them and they work most of the time, what I would really like to know is what do they do? wouldn't the proxy and STUN be enough?

Unfortunately the Nokia firmware does not support STUN. This means that when you use the Nokia behind a firewall the server (VoXaLot) must handle NAT for you.

Hopefully one day soon they will realise what settings they should have in their firmware.

Tranworld 03-27-2007 01:42 PM

Firewall

Thanks Martin,

My problem is that the E61 works most of the time except in one hotel where my ATA work but not my E61. I suspected that when the firewall is turned on, depending on the router, it stopped. It annoys me a lot since I know that the E61 is set up OK, it works at other places.

Tranworld 04-01-2007 09:20 AM

I have a new service called www.pfingo.com run by the local Telco in Singapore (Starhub), this give you a free DID and free local calls, great, and yet once again the E61 misbehave.

I have my voxalot account registered with pfingo DID and observe 3 scenarios:

1 - with an ATA logged onto Voxalot, calling the DID does cause the ATA to ring, no complain here
2 - Remove the ATA and subtitute the E61 via a AP, the E61 register OK and can mke outgoing calls, however incoming calls will not ring the E61 but instead trigged the "busy" message from the Telco
3 - With the E61 logged on directely (without going via Voxalot), the E61 rings OK on incoming calls.

Any suggestions as to how to make it work with Voxalot? (on incoming)

patos 04-01-2007 02:29 PM

I tried to post this as a new thread, but it got flagged as spam. Here we go:

Hi!

With the deployment of the newest firmwares for the eSeries (version 3.x) Nokia introduced STUN support for its VoIP client. Unfortunately Voxalot seems yet not to support it.

Here you can find more information on Nokia's implementation

Quote:

Nokia S60 VoIP Release 2.0 has STUN protocol support for NAT traversal and NAT binding refresh features. The NAT/Firewall traversal features enable the VoIP functionality behind NATs of certain type.
The STUN/firewall settings cannot be edited from the terminal UI, but must be provisioned by the service provider.
If the STUN server address is not configured, the terminal tries to find one with a SIP SRV query using the Public User Identity domain of the used SIP profile.
The compliance to Noka's solution can be tested by a simple DNS query:

Code:

nslookup
set q=srv
_stun._udp.domain.tld

This query won't return any results for any voxalot domains. If you use for instance as domain.tld "sipgate.de" you will be able to see that their dns record will return an answer for the STUN Server.

Could you please add this record so that Voxalot becomes compliant to newer Nokia eSeries firmwares? Thank you very much!

More information about DNS SRV records can be found here.

affinity 04-01-2007 02:53 PM

You tried twice.... I am not sure why your post was moderated, but I removed one of the threads and approved the other:

http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...lient-2-x.html

Tranworld 04-02-2007 12:24 AM

When the E61 os logged onto Voxalot and I dial the DID number I hear the beginning of the ringing tone and then it went to a busy message, it is as if the system tried but was told (or timed out) that it could not locate the device. Could this be due to some delays within Voxalot?

martin 04-02-2007 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tranworld (Post 7364)
When the E61 os logged onto Voxalot and I dial the DID number I hear the beginning of the ringing tone and then it went to a busy message, it is as if the system tried but was told (or timed out) that it could not locate the device. Could this be due to some delays within Voxalot?

This symptom sounds very much like a Codec negotiation problem. Is it possble that the other side is only allow say g729?

Tranworld 04-02-2007 01:05 AM

It could be, but how do we get around that? I did try to move the codecs around in the Voxalot list of CODECS but it did not seems to matter?

Tranworld 04-02-2007 06:36 AM

So what do you suggest that I do? Carry out some tests? But which test and how? and what if it only says G729 ?

Tranworld 04-02-2007 07:58 AM

Actually another DID provider, also based in Singapore, Aglow Alicom - Singapore Largest Store and Forward Fax Provider, is registered via Voxalot and can send the E61 ringing on incoming calls, so it seems the problem is at the Voxalot <-> pfingo leg and not t the Voxalot <-> E61 end.

I looked but it seems there are no parameters we can set on that leg vis a vis codecs. Please help, it will make it so much more useful

Tranworld 04-04-2007 12:22 AM

Martin any pointers here? I am stuck, pfingo is meant for mobile use and optimised for the Nokia E series, so it may well have only G729 as you've suggested, still the fact is it does not work on incoming calls with Voxalot and does work directly to the E61. And I am at a lost as to what to do to get it to work via Voxalot?

gorolla 04-05-2007 01:30 AM

Hi,

I have got a Nokia E65 phone and I have followed Martin's settings, but I still get the registration fail when I tries to connect.

Are there any settings need to be done in the router?

Thanks

Tranworld 04-05-2007 11:42 PM

Wonder where Martin is? Should we just forget this then? (I'd love to make it work but is stuck at a dead end now)

martin 04-06-2007 12:42 AM

When you turn off the E61 and dial the DID, does the call goto voicemail?

Tranworld 04-06-2007 01:21 AM

Ahhh so glad to hear from you. When the E61 is off or not logged in, I get "sorry your call cannot be connected at the moment"

Tranworld 04-06-2007 01:29 AM

When it's on you hear the 1st part of the ring and then a message "the person you are trying to call is busy.."

martin 04-06-2007 02:09 AM

Neither of these messages are ours. So for some reason the DID is having problems getting into Voxalot.

Is the DID in question registered from Voxalot or do you point the DID to Voxalot?

Tranworld 04-06-2007 02:20 AM

It is a VSP service that comes with an integral DID so Voxalot is registered with the full service. If the E61 is registered directly with the VSP then the DID works. I have noted that:

1 - Another VSP (Aglow Alicom - Singapore Largest Store and Forward Fax Provider) have no problem with Voxalot, it register fine and calls In and OUT are opertional (same with DID attached)
2 - Even the ATA is not so reliable in ringing (sometime it does, somtime it doesn't)

martin 04-06-2007 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tranworld (Post 7497)
It is a VSP service that comes with an integral DID so Voxalot is registered with the full service. If the E61 is registered directly with the VSP then the DID works. I have noted that:

1 - Another VSP (Aglow Alicom - Singapore Largest Store and Forward Fax Provider) have no problem with Voxalot, it register fine and calls In and OUT are opertional (same with DID attached)
2 - Even the ATA is not so reliable in ringing (sometime it does, somtime it doesn't)

Is it just the DID that causes this problem? Does an inbound call via the associated services work via Voxalot?

Tranworld 04-06-2007 04:43 AM

Not sure I understand what you mean by "associated services", because this service has integral DID its URI is indeed the DID@pfingo.com (in this case 31054500@pfingo.com)

So to call it via URI one would dial 31054500@pfingo.com

martin 04-06-2007 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tranworld (Post 7499)
Not sure I understand what you mean by "associated services", because this service has integral DID its URI is indeed the DID@pfingo.com (in this case 31054500@pfingo.com)

So to call it via URI one would dial 31054500@pfingo.com

If you dial 31054500@pfingo.com from a softphone say, does the E61 ring?

Tranworld 04-06-2007 05:44 AM

Hard to emulate, as I am on one Internet only, will need to organise someone to do that

Tranworld 04-06-2007 05:58 AM

It says "the person you are calling is unavailable, please call again". There was one time when it hit the Voxalot system and the message was "the extension xxxxx (Voxalot extnsion) is unavailble". It seems a bit unsteady

martin 04-06-2007 08:07 AM

If you PM me yor 6 digit account I will check the logs. It is a public holiday today and Monday here so it will be Tuesday before I get a chance to take a look.

Tranworld 04-06-2007 09:03 AM

Have done Martin, cheers

Tranworld 04-09-2007 12:34 AM

I know it's not Tuesday yet, but will you be able to do something? I am sure it's a small thing that just need a bit of tweaking, the other VSP seems to work without problem, and if the issue is simply codecs then what can we do to go around it?

martin 04-10-2007 03:26 AM

Hello Tranworld,

I just completed a series of tests against sip:31054500@sip.pfingo.com and can tell you that no SIP messages are hit our servers on INVITE.

I even went as far as to ngrep (packet sniff) inbound messages and there were none.

The account is registered with an expiry of 3600secs. I am wondering if pfingo are timing out the registration before Voxalot re-registers after 3600 secs.

Normally if the provider wants to specify a lower expires time it returns it in the register 200 response.

Nothing more we can do on our side. You will need to get visibility of the provider registry.

Tranworld 04-10-2007 06:59 AM

Can you be a bit more specific? what should I do now? The funny thing was that an ATA would work and I did not adjust the register timing there at all.

martin 04-10-2007 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tranworld (Post 7588)
Can you be a bit more specific? what should I do now? The funny thing was that an ATA would work and I did not adjust the register timing there at all.

Quote:

You will need to get visibility of the provider registry
We have no visibility of the provider registry. For whatever reason they are not forwarding the INVITE to Voxalot. I spent a bit of time verifying this using packet sniffing techniques.

It is only my best guess that the registration request is expiring on their side. Again, we have no real way of confirming this.

Tranworld 04-10-2007 08:14 AM

But it still say "registered"? What I found with the Linksys SPA3102 ATA is that you need to set the NAT keep alive if you want to ensure reliable incoming calls. Yes the VSP may have a different registry timer, I have a problem with gizmo at first when it worked when first switched on but not later, leaving NAT Keep alive ON does rectify the issue. Is there a similar feature in the Voxalot register (or it is not ncessary?)

richard99 04-27-2007 12:33 AM

Nokia E61 on Ports 4060,3060 & 2060

Nokia E61 work fine on port 5060 with us.voxalot.com. But I tried to to use port 4060,3060 and 2060 it failed to registered. Does us.voxalot.com also configured to use these ports.

Dana 05-25-2007 10:53 PM

Nokia E61 with Voxalot

After following through this thread, I setup my Nokia E61 as suggested, and it does say that it is registered with my Voxalot account. Registration does not seem to be the problem.

The problem is that the E61 does not receive or make any calls.
Inbound calls to it get a recorded message saying the user is not available, so it goes to voice mail. Outbound calls from it get nothing but dead silence.

Does this sound familiar to anyone there?

BTW, my E61 connects to the Internet through my home computer, setup as a Wifi access point. The access point is connected to the Internet through my Grandstream ATA-486, which is also registered to Voxalot with a different account. The E61 has good Wifi Internet connectivity in this setup, so that is not the problem.

Could the ATA-486 between the Internet and the E61 be the problem?
I would not think the dual account situation would be a problem, but I will try eliminating the ATA-486 for troubleshooting, if there are no other suggestions.

richard99 05-28-2007 06:37 PM

Nokia E61 with Voxalot

I have same mobile, work fine. Use port 5060, as my previous mail it did not register to port 4060,3060 and 2060. Reboot the mobile (Switch Off & On ). Then try the voxalot echo number *600. It should work.

If still problem exist, update to the latest firmware I think the last one is 3.0.663.09.04.
I think this is best mobile for VOIP.

slackwarebox 06-17-2007 05:19 PM

After following the instructions. I have successfully registered my Voxalot account on my E70 (firmware 2.01618.07.10)
I tried calling the echo test number *600 but it did not connect. I also have tried my VoIPStunt account and still a no go.
Any ideas?
Thanks

clundestad 06-17-2007 09:33 PM

Slackwarebox: Upgrade your firmware to the latest version. There are major changes to the VoIP client in version 3 of the firmware (e.g. STUN functionality)

My E70 works perfectly, it has FW 3.0633.09.04.

nokuser 06-21-2007 02:49 AM

nokia e61 - inbound calls

When I get registered with voxalot using nokia e61 (latest firmware - 3.0633.09.04) inbound calls work only for a short period of time. After a while the inbound caller gets 'user is unavailable'.

I can make outbound calls any time - no problems. In the sip settings I have Voxalot always registered and according to nokia e61 it stays registered.

I have a softphone working (outbound and inbound any time) with voxalot using nokia as a modem, so ports etc are OK.

I am not suggesting that there is a problem with my voxalot account.

I think that the Nokia E61 sip client is a bit problematic and that it needs some research to get it to work.
Can you help me?

AlexErko 06-21-2007 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nokuser (Post 9627)
When I get registered with voxalot using nokia e61 (latest firmware - 3.0633.09.04) inbound calls work only for a short period of time. After a while the inbound caller gets 'user is unavailable'.

I can make outbound calls any time - no problems. In the sip settings I have Voxalot always registered and according to nokia e61 it stays registered.

I have a softphone working (outbound and inbound any time) with voxalot using nokia as a modem, so ports etc are OK.

I am not suggesting that there is a problem with my voxalot account.

I think that the Nokia E61 sip client is a bit problematic and that it needs some research to get it to work.
Can you help me?

Hmm, it seems that your E61's SIP client problem is exactly the same as the problem on my E70, which I described at http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup....html#post9619 . It looks as if E Series Nokia SIP clients' registration don't "stick" for long when registered with VoXaLot, otherwise people would be able to call us after the first few minutes of registration.

Maybe the registration timing interval required by VoXaLot is not compatible with the Nokia SIP clients????????

Anyway, as I mention in my post that I gave a link to above, I am using Fring for SIP with VoXaLot for the time being.

However, it would be very nice if someone were able to come up with a fix for using the Nokia SIP client directly with VoXaLot, as Fring is a BETA testing product, which may or may not be free to use in the longer term.

nokuser 06-21-2007 04:31 AM

nokia e61 - inbound calls

Unfortunately, fring lacks the functionality, customizability and integration of the built-in sip client. I am looking for a solution from a voxalot team to use the built-in sip client with nokia e61 (latest firmware - 3.0633.09.04) and voxalot service.