Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot General (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   call connection between VSPs (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1837)

samjesse 07-13-2007 04:39 AM

call connection between VSPs

Hi

let person A be registered with VSPa and person B with VSPb both with ATA connected to their respective VSP and not with ENUM.
A calls B using VoIP.
Does VSPa connect to VSPb which then pass the connection to B which is what I like to think, or not? And if yes/no, why?

Thanks

martin 07-13-2007 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samjesse (Post 10305)
Hi

let person A be registered with VSPa and person B with VSPb both with ATA connected to their respective VSP and not with ENUM.
A calls B using VoIP.
Does VSPa connect to VSPb which then pass the connection to B which is what I like to think, or not? And if yes/no, why?

Thanks

Depends on provider A and/or B. Each provider has different rules for inter-connects.

Technically, yes it can happen, however the providers do have the final say.

v164 07-13-2007 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 10309)
Depends on provider A and/or B. Each provider has different rules for inter-connects.

Technically, yes it can happen, however the providers do have the final say.

In many cases, providers do not allow / enable it, so consumers have to take matters in to their own hands, such as by using SipBroker and/or VoXaLot etc and/or unlocked VoIP hardware.

dr.j 07-24-2007 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v164 (Post 10335)
In many cases, providers do not allow / enable it, so consumers have to take matters in to their own hands, such as by using SipBroker and/or VoXaLot etc and/or unlocked VoIP hardware.

Thanks V164,

what do I have to do to dial another VSP (not one that I am with) using Voxalot - and presuming that the other party is not registered with ENUM, eg freshtel (with a *274 sipbroker code)?

what dial plan rules should I set in voxalot for this? is it as simple as setting the freshtel code *274, followed directly by my friends freshtel number and routing it to the sipbroker provider?

thanks

kurun 07-24-2007 02:53 PM

Calls to other networks using Sipbroker

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.j (Post 10797)
what do I have to do to dial another VSP (not one that I am with) using Voxalot - and presuming that the other party is not registered with ENUM, eg freshtel (with a *274 sipbroker code)?

To dial another VSP, you dial [Sipbroker Code for that VSP] followed by [Extension Number].
Not all VSPs allow other networks to reach their accounts directly through VoIP.
The VSP Sipbroker codes are listed on the Sipbroker Provider White Pages list :
SIPBroker - Provider White Pages

Any Provider marked with a Green Check mark is successfully allowing calls from other networks to reach their accounts using VoIP and Sipbroker look-ups to set up the call.

Providers with a Red "X" are not allowing calls to go through to their accounts.

Freshtel with Sipbroker Code *247 has a Red "X" against its listing, an as such is not connecting Sipbroker calls successfully.

Quote:

what dial plan rules should I set in voxalot for this? is it as simple as setting the freshtel code *274, followed directly by my friends freshtel number and routing it to the Sipbroker provider?
Voxalot has automatic routing rules set up to handle calls to other VSPs using Sipbroker routing.
So to call an account on another network, you can dial [*247-xx...xx] where "xx...xx" is the other party's extension number. The call will be set up if the other party is allowing calls from other networks.
See more info at - SIPBroker - Login
In the case of Freshtel, the call will not be successful because Freshtel is not allowing "Peering" from other networks.

Also, your IP phone or ATA must allow leading "*" in the dialing pattern.

In general, you only need to set up dialling rules for using landline calling if you have multiple VSPs and want to optimize your call costs based on terminating destination.

dr.j 07-25-2007 02:21 AM

freshtel

Thanks kurun,

just checked freshtel and it appeared to have a green tick not a red cross. but thanks for the info. I presume SPA3K passes * to voxalot/sipbroker OK

cheers

kurun 07-25-2007 04:10 AM

Apparently, SPA3K does pass the * but it must be configured in the dial plan, I am told. I have never configured one myself.

Freshtel was Red-X this morning, but definitely Green-tick now.

So I checked their web page for a test number.
I called their contact number (81118111) and the call did not go through.
Re-dialled 4 more times, and reloaded the page. Hey, the mark changed to a Red-X !!
That's quite impressive. So Sipbroker really keeps track in real time !!

Maybe Freshtel peering is inconsitent at this time, or they block peering on that particular number.

Cheers