Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Voicemail question (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1388)

Juste 04-14-2007 04:30 AM

Voicemail question

Hello,

I wonder whether it is possible to check own voicemail from an outside phone number.

I am trying to get access to the box by entering #xxxx at the beginning of the greeting with no luck.
Has it been designed to only be checked from home ?

Thanks

affinity 04-14-2007 05:02 AM

Yes, use one of the Sipbroker PSTN to VOIP numbers and enter *010500 for Voicemail, it will then ask for the mailbox number which is your voxalot number, then ask for your pasword.

SIPBroker - PSTN Numbers

Juste 04-14-2007 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affinity (Post 7745)
Yes, use one of the Sipbroker PSTN to VOIP numbers and enter *010500 for Voicemail, it will then ask for the mailbox number which is your voxalot number, then ask for your pasword.

SIPBroker - PSTN Numbers

Thanks for replying

1. Yes, I know about Sipbroker PSTN.
But my question refers to using my own PSTN which forwards calls to my voicemail.
Is there a way of getting into the box by dialling my own PSTN and without going through Sipbroker ?

2. Sorry, I meant entering *xxxx

Juste 04-15-2007 12:07 AM

So...anyone will confirm voicemail can only be accessed through Sipbroker ?

It is not a big deal since I can forward unanswered calls to a regular box. I would juste like to know whether I did all I could.

Thanks

martin 04-15-2007 12:24 AM

It's not really a Voxalot problem to solve.

Some devices provide PSTN to VoIP gateway support. The Sipura for example allows the caller to enter a PIN before presenting them with a second dial tone.

From the second dial tone (if the device is configured to use Voxalot) you could then dial *500.

Is this what you mean?

Juste 04-15-2007 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 7772)
It's not really a Voxalot problem to solve.

Some devices provide PSTN to VoIP gateway support. The Sipura for example allows the caller to enter a PIN before presenting them with a second dial tone.

From the second dial tone (if the device is configured to use Voxalot) you could then dial *500.

Is this what you mean?

I mean it would be nice to dial *1234 when hearing the greeting message, we do the same when going through Sipbroker after entering *010123456.

I am using a PAP2 adaptor, so I am not sure it can do what you described.
Once again, that is not a big deal since I can have calls forwarded to a regular box or use the local Sipbroker number to check my Voxalot voicemail. But I think those having no local Sipbroker PSTN may be interested in accessing their voicemail directly.

Whatever the solution is, I would like to tell you: Bring the premium, please ! I am particularly looking forward to using VoxRoam feature.

Thanks

martin 04-15-2007 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juste (Post 7776)
Whatever the solution is, I would like to tell you: Bring the premium, please ! I am particularly looking forward to using VoxRoam feature.

Thanks

We are working very hard on launching premium. It is not the features that is holding us back, but rather the website redesign and the thorough testing of our new payment system.

We want to make sure everything is 100% when we launch.

Thanks for your patience.

affinity 04-15-2007 09:09 AM

I think this is what is being asked for:

You call your own DID or other service registered via Voxalot, as you are not there to take the call, then call passes through to voxalot's voicemail -- now, you want to 'break-in' and NOT leave a message, but rather enter your PIN and operate voicemail as if you had called *500 from home.

Juste 04-15-2007 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affinity (Post 7789)
I think this is what is being asked for:

You call your own DID or other service registered via Voxalot, as you are not there to take the call, then call passes through to voxalot's voicemail -- now, you want to 'break-in' and NOT leave a message, but rather enter your PIN and operate voicemail as if you had called *500 from home.

Exactly, that is what I meant.