Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Handytone 486 - configuration / set-up (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1816)

biu26 07-10-2007 02:54 PM

Handytone 486 - configuration / set-up

Dear Forum Members,

I have recently signed up for Voxalot but struggle to get it to work.

I have a DECT phone connected to a Handytone 486 and we have several VOIP geographic numbers that I entered into Voxalot.

Unfortunately, currently I cannot receive calls or make calls from / to PSTN numbers.

The handset provides a ringtone but nothing happens when I dial a number.

The VOIP numbers seem to register ok with Voxalot but when the numbers are called they switch immediately to the voicemail of the VOIP provider rather than Voxalot's voicemail or the handset.

Does anybody have any suggestions what can be done to configure the system correctly ?

Many thanks.

martin 07-10-2007 10:10 PM

Are you able to dial *600 (echo test)?

kurun 07-11-2007 04:37 AM

I set up an HT-486, a few months ago, and could not get it to work at all until I down loaded the latest firmware.

Go to the Grandstream firmware update page and set up the download parameters as listed :
Grandstream - Innovative IP Telephony

Also, get a copy of the matching User's Manual from the support pages.

Try some test numbers as Martin suggests, and if this still does not work, I'll try to post the essentials of the configuration, when I get some more time.

biu26 07-11-2007 11:44 AM

Dear Martin & Kurun,

Many thanks for your suggestions.

The echo test works fine and I have included the firmware update parameters into the handytone. Unfortunately, it still does not work.

However, I read on the forum about the difficulties with Freespeech.ie, sipgate.co.uk and sipgate.de. I believe this is where the problem lies.

I use inbound numbers from all three and use Freespeech.ie for the outbound calls.

Based on this I connected a US number from Stanaphone and I can receive inbound calls from it.

It really is a shame that Sipgate/Freespeech are being so difficult.

Is there a company/website where you can buy VOIP numbers for different countries which are independant of any VOIP provider ?

Many thanks for your suggestions.

gambrinus 07-11-2007 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biu26 (Post 10213)
Is there a company/website where you can buy VOIP numbers for different countries which are independant of any VOIP provider ?

Have a look at VoxBone or DID World Wide

gambrinus

biu26 07-11-2007 01:00 PM

Hi Gambrinus,

Great idea ! Many thanks.

DID World Wide looks like an excellent solution that is not too expensive. We intend to put the geographic DID Voip number on a website/product packaging/brochures/etc and don't really want to have to change it all if the provider goes bust or suddenly doubles their prices.

Have you tried them out ? Are they reputable ? Are the voice quality and the reliability good ?

How about DIDX - DID / DDI wholesale Service Provider ?

Many thanks.

Biu

kurun 07-18-2007 01:24 PM

You can "try before you buy" :
DID World Wide, International DIDs forwarded to PSTN and VoIP by SIP, IAX, H323, Skype, Gtalk, MSN Messenger. Origination services, SIP DIDs

You may also want to check out Callcentric - internet phone service for DID numbers.

biu26 07-18-2007 05:40 PM

Hi Kurun and Gambrinus,

I have signed up with DIDww for a US and UK number I am really impressed with the soundquality.

Great suggestion. Many thanks

Biu

shrikantcpatil1 08-24-2007 11:29 PM

HT 486 not registering with voxalot

Hi,

I recently got new HT 486 device. I am using trial number from voxalot. But device registration is failing. I tried many times and it
doesn't work out.

I am using number from ipkall.com which is free service. SIP server i am using is voxalot.

Please help me out.