Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (http://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   SIP Broker Support (http://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Unable to access my voip account using sipbroker (http://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=2671)

anut 12-19-2007 12:39 PM

Unable to access my voip account using sipbroker
 
I have an account with sipdiscount. The sip URL somewhat looks like:

xyz123@sip1.sipdiscount.com

where xyz123 represents my alpha-digit username having at least one non-digit characters.

I have tried many options in an attempt to call myself, but without any success. The test methods I have tried are:

test #1/
I first signed up for a sipbroker account. Then, I created an sipbroker alias which looks like *0111110. I called a sipbroker PSTN and dialed *0111110#. The line was busy.

test #2/
I created an enum +882 9999 929452. Then, I called a sipbroker PSTN number and dialed *0138829999929452#. The call got cut-off before I finished dialing the whole enum number.

test #3/
I signed up for another DID number +1 253-243-2911 which can direct incoming calls to my sipdiscount URL (i.e. xyz123@sip1.sipdiscount.com). Then, created another enum based on this DID number and my sipdiscount URL. Then, I called a sipbroker PSTN and dialed *01312532432911#. The call ended up with the following error message:

"This new number cannot be connected. Please try again later."


Any workaround?

130166 12-19-2007 12:55 PM

Betamax providers do not accept url calls mostly.
But you can try this in Voxalot as wroten here:
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post14445

But ok only you can reach then or caller need Voxalot account.
If you have premium you can maybe do something with call connection rules.
(sipbroker and enum point to your Voxalot and then forward to your sipdiscount)
(I have not tested enough yet)

emoci 12-19-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anut (Post 14816)
I have an account with sipdiscount. The sip URL somewhat looks like:

xyz123@sip1.sipdiscount.com

where xyz123 represents my alpha-digit username having at least one non-digit characters.

I have tried many options in an attempt to call myself, but without any success. The test methods I have tried are:

test #1/
I first signed up for a sipbroker account. Then, I created an sipbroker alias which looks like *0111110. I called a sipbroker PSTN and dialed *0111110#. The line was busy.

test #2/
I created an enum +882 9999 929452. Then, I called a sipbroker PSTN number and dialed *0138829999929452#. The call got cut-off before I finished dialing the whole enum number.

test #3/
I signed up for another DID number +1 253-243-2911 which can direct incoming calls to my sipdiscount URL (i.e. xyz123@sip1.sipdiscount.com). Then, created another enum based on this DID number and my sipdiscount URL. Then, I called a sipbroker PSTN and dialed *01312532432911#. The call ended up with the following error message:

"This new number cannot be connected. Please try again later."


Any workaround?



As said above with most BetaMax services, third party URI calling is next to impossible... (they don't accept URI calls that come from another network,in this case SipBroker)

If you are only using your SipDiscount Acct to make calls (you have not purchased a DID from them), then get a free VoXalot account. Register your ATA with VoXalot, and set up SipDiscount in VoXalot for outgoing calls...

This way you'll still be able to make calls via SipDiscount as you do now, but you can also receive calls via SipBroker to *010VoXNumber

For help on what to do once you set up a free VoXalot account see Main Page - Voxalot FAQ

anut 12-20-2007 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 14819)
As said above with most BetaMax services, third party URI calling is next to impossible... (they don't accept URI calls that come from another network,in this case SipBroker)

If you are only using your SipDiscount Acct to make calls (you have not purchased a DID from them), then get a free VoXalot account. Register your ATA with VoXalot, and set up SipDiscount in VoXalot for outgoing calls...

This way you'll still be able to make calls via SipDiscount as you do now, but you can also receive calls via SipBroker to *010VoXNumber

For help on what to do once you set up a free VoXalot account see Main Page - Voxalot FAQ

I have setup a free Voxalot account with my sipdiscount host as my voip provider. I then registered a sip client with Voxalot and another sip client with sipbroker. Still, I have no success in calling my sipdiscount account using a sipbroker PSTN.

When I called a sipbroker PSTN number and dialed *031-888793, which is my real sipbroker number for the Voxalot account, the sip client registered with VoXalot kept ringing. But the sip client registered with Sipdiscount did not registered.

Have I done anything wrong? (PS. It seems that my sipdiscount details were ignored in Voxalot.)

emoci 12-20-2007 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anut (Post 14832)
I have setup a free Voxalot account with my sipdiscount host as my voip provider. I then registered a sip client with Voxalot and another sip client with sipbroker. Still, I have no success in calling my sipdiscount account using a sipbroker PSTN.

When I called a sipbroker PSTN number and dialed *031-888793, which is my real sipbroker number for the Voxalot account, the sip client registered with VoXalot kept ringing. But the sip client registered with Sipdiscount did not registered.

All that should have happened is your VoXalot should ring.... your SipDiscount acct cannot be reached from PSTN whatever you do

Unless you buy a DID number from SipDiscount
or
Create a forwarding rule within VoXalot using SipDiscount to place the call to yourself (the latter would require a premium VoXalot acct, and even then there is no guarantee it'll work)

Quote:

Have I done anything wrong? (PS. It seems that my sipdiscount details were ignored in Voxalot.)
What do you mean ignored....if you mean that SipDiscount doesn't show as registered in VoXalot that's the way it should be....you can use SipDiscount to make outgoing calls though (A premium VoXalot acct is required to receive incoming calls via SipDiscount)

Keep in mind that calling via SipBroker to sipdiscount will probably not work whatever you do..

See SIPBroker - Provider White Pages, searching for SipDiscount you'll note it has a red sign meaning it is not working

Why do you need to be reached in SipDiscount....wouldn't being reachable via VoXalot do the trick, while you can still make outgoing calls via SipDiscount (with single SIP client, no need to register multiples of them)

Christian 01-31-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 14819)
As said above with most BetaMax services, third party URI calling is next to impossible... (they don't accept URI calls that come from another network,in this case SipBroker)

Uhm... I registered my PSTN phone number with e164.org , pointing to a Betamax SIP-address. This actually works: I can get called this way from Sipbroker access numbers, dialing my PSTN phone number (so doing an ENUM-lookup). On my phone I can see that these calls actually come in on my VoipBuster-account. So obviously Betamax does allow SIP-URI-calling from outside their network (now).

Christian

(edit: it works for me on my VoipBuster and VoipCheap account)

emoci 01-31-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christian (Post 15293)
Uhm... I registered my PSTN phone number with e164.org , pointing to a Betamax SIP-address. This actually works: I can get called this way from Sipbroker access numbers, dialing my PSTN phone number (so doing an ENUM-lookup). On my phone I can see that these calls actually come in on my VoipBuster-account. So obviously Betamax does allow SIP-URI-calling from outside their network (now).

Christian

Thanks for the heads up... You may find though that it works for some BetaMax services but not others....so it's a hit and miss at times...


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.