Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot General (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Official - Betamax and Voxalot Interoperability (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1380)

martin 04-13-2007 12:52 AM

Official - Betamax and Voxalot Interoperability

Hi Members,

Just got the official word from Betamax that all blocking has been removed from our IP addresses.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank the folks at Betamax especially their engineer Jeroen for working with us given the time differences etc.

We would also like to thank our members for their patience.

roberthuang 04-13-2007 12:53 PM

Martin,Thank you for everything you've done for us. This is really a good news.

amroe 04-13-2007 01:53 PM

please help us about JustVoip , please martin contact Betamax to make JustVoip work with sip and thanks :)

tomblandford 04-13-2007 02:08 PM

Whether or not Betamax enable SIP on JustVoIP really is nothing to do with Voxalot! OK, so maybe Martin has some contacts now, but you're better off asking Betamax yourself or posting on the VoipBuster forum (neither of which will get you very far tho:rolleyes: !)

twen 04-13-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 7687)
Just got the official word from Betamax that all blocking has been removed from our IP addresses.

I'm really pleased to see this great nexws, I'll switched back to eu.voxalot.com tomorrow, then :) Thank you !

As you told us in another thread, could you tell us what happened/what was blocking, what has been done, even if it's technical. You told us for your part the change have been minor, but doesn't seem so for betamax.

Share, my ears/eyes are wide open :)

Olivier

martin 04-14-2007 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twen (Post 7725)
Share, my ears/eyes are wide open :)

Essentially the problem was that the IP address for the Betamax member was not visible to the Betamax servers when used through Voxalot.

Betamax requested that we add a field to the SIP header containing the IP address of the client that initiated the request.

We also feel that this latest enhancement will also help deter most people trying to defraud voice service providers.

So everyone wins, except of course the people doing the wrong thing ;)

hust 04-15-2007 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 7732)

Betamax requested that we add a field to the SIP header containing the IP address of the client that initiated the request.

hi,Martin

I want to know the exact meaning of IP address that client initiate the request.

If the call begins from ATA, the IP address will be the ATA's ip address.
If i use PC web callback with voipdiscount 2 legs, which 2 IP address will be sent to Betamax? my PC's ip address?
If i use mobile WAP callback with voipdiscount 2 legs,which 2 IP address will be sent to Betamax? i know when i use mobile WAP,my mobile carrier provides me a private ip address.

Wortelstok 04-15-2007 06:08 PM

I guess it is the public (WAN side) IP address, not your local DNS.

martin 04-15-2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hust (Post 7797)
hi,Martin

I want to know the exact meaning of IP address that client initiate the request.

If i use PC web callback with voipdiscount 2 legs, which 2 IP address will be sent to Betamax? my PC's ip address?
If i use mobile WAP callback with voipdiscount 2 legs,which 2 IP address will be sent to Betamax? i know when i use mobile WAP,my mobile carrier provides me a private ip address.

The IP address of the ATA is only sent.

serendipitydawg 04-18-2007 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 7803)
The IP address of the ATA is only sent.

Does this answer all of the questions posed by "hust" in post number 7 above?

serendipitydawg 04-20-2007 05:18 PM

Bump bump!

martin 04-20-2007 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serendipitydawg (Post 7983)
Does this answer all of the questions posed by "hust" in post number 7 above?

Sure does.

Quote:

Yes

Quote:

The Voxalot server IP is sent

Quote:

juancarlos 04-20-2007 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 8039)
Sure does.

Yes

I think in this case Betamax can not see the IP address?. i hope this NOT USED to abuse Betamax by a small minority of people? otherwise we will have problems again.

martin 04-20-2007 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juancarlos (Post 8041)
I think in this case Betamax can not see the IP address?. i hope this NOT USED to abuse Betamax by a small minority of people? otherwise we will have problems again.

We will be actively monitoring abuse on our side and will immediately cancel offending accounts.

Eduard75 04-26-2007 09:19 AM

FUP (fair user policy) in VoipDiscount

Hi Martin, thanks a lot for you job.

As a new user I have a question to you.

My SIP ATA device was connected yesterday to voipdiscount through voxalot account.
Starting from this point, I have FUP status and charges for all calls, but my free time is not over. What is a problem ?

Does voxalot use the same ip for all conections to voipdiscount ?
I know that free* time is limited to unique ip.

JeFFJuH 04-26-2007 09:30 AM

I have exactly the same problem! My account tells me I exceeded the FUP, but I only called about 180 minutes over the last 7 days.

flaquadrat 04-26-2007 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eduard75 (Post 8225)

My SIP ATA device was connected yesterday to voipdiscount through voxalot account.
Starting from this point, I have FUP status and charges for all calls, but my free time is not over. What is a problem ?

Same for me. Provider VoipBuster.com.
Starting from yesterday i recived my *first* call marked with FUP (Fair Use Policy). My time is not over and my credit is ca. 8 euro.

Liebe Grüße
Flavio

olinpower 04-26-2007 09:39 AM

Quote:

Starting from this point, I have FUP status and charges for all calls, but my free time is not over. What is a problem ?.

Hi, i have the same issue also with voipdiscount.
regards

Eduard75 04-26-2007 09:54 AM

Add-on to question.

Interesting that some calls (a smaller part of) marked still as free* calls.

Could you please investigate this issue ?

Tony 04-26-2007 12:19 PM

May I suggest that you all check with Betamax about their Fair Use Policy and how they are applying it to your individual cases.

We do not have a direct support line to Betamax or an account with them to get them to resolve issues that individual users are having with their Fair Use Policy.

Tony.

Tony 04-26-2007 12:22 PM

Quote:

No Voxalot does not use the same IP for all connections to voipdiscount? I belive Martin's post clearly stated that the IP address of the individual ATA is used.

http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup....html#post7803

Tony.

Eduard75 04-26-2007 12:32 PM

I'be asked betamax for 20 hours ago, still no answer :(

And I am sure that in my case FUP is because of using voxalot.
But what to do in this case.

Eduard75 04-26-2007 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony (Post 8238)
No Voxalot does not use the same IP for all connections to voipdiscount? I belive Martin's post clearly stated that the IP address of the individual ATA is used.

Tony.

Does it mean an IP of router ?
we have 2 ATA inside the lan, does it mean that voipdiscount registers calls from 2 ATA as from one IP, so both of us can have about 150 free* mins instead of 300 ?

Sorry for my poor english.

tomblandford 04-26-2007 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony (Post 8238)

Tony.

Tony, Martin's post also made clear that the Voxalot IP is sent when using WebCallBack. I wonder if everyone posting below was using WebCallBack when they got charged, like me?
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup....html#post8039

I only use my phone for about 1 hour a week and I've been charged for calls already on VoipDiscount - "FUP exceeded". Will we ever be happy with Betamax?

flaquadrat 04-26-2007 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblandford (Post 8248)
Tony, Martin's post also made clear that the Voxalot IP is sent when using WebCallBack. I wonder if everyone posting below was using WebCallBack when they got charged, like me?
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup....html#post8039

I only use my phone for about 1 hour a week and I've been charged for calls already on VoipDiscount - "FUP exceeded". Will we ever be happy with Betamax?

Yes! I was using WebCallback (voipbuster.com).

Liebe Grüße
Fla

tomblandford 04-26-2007 02:15 PM

Voxalot moderators... is there any way to send the computer or WAP phone IP address instead of the Voxalot IP address for WebCallBack initiated calls? I think this might be where the problem is.

Eduard75, olinpower, JeFFJuH... were you using WebCallBack as well? Has anyone tried using VoipDiscount or VoipBuster from an ATA via Voxalot to see if the FUP charge still applies? I am not at home right now, but will try in a few hours.

Eduard75 04-26-2007 02:35 PM

to tomblandford:

I just do simple call

my ATA -> lan router -> voxalot -> voipdiscount -> PSTN

And every call is with a FUP from the moment I have started use of eu.voxalot.com

Any suggestions ?

JeFFJuH 04-26-2007 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblandford (Post 8257)
Voxalot moderators... is there any way to send the computer or WAP phone IP address instead of the Voxalot IP address for WebCallBack initiated calls? I think this might be where the problem is.

Eduard75, olinpower, JeFFJuH... were you using WebCallBack as well? Has anyone tried using VoipDiscount or VoipBuster from an ATA via Voxalot to see if the FUP charge still applies? I am not at home right now, but will try in a few hours.

No I was not using WebCallBack. I was calling directly using my SIP phone.

wilsonhlacerda 04-26-2007 03:12 PM

Maybe this can help....

I only use voipbusterPRO via us.voxalot with my ATA.

In the last 7 days I've used 2:15h of it. It is not charging me for FUP. I'm only paying 0,039 per call as I'm calling to free destinations and I've signed for the 1 year plan.

olinpower 04-26-2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblandford (Post 8257)

Hi, I also use ata via voxalot. Now I have tried via voxalot and direct to voipdiscount and it's free again.

tomblandford 04-26-2007 03:40 PM

This doesn't make sense to me. What's going on? Voxalot must be sending the wrong IP (i.e. the Voxalot IP)?

Martin, when you said in this thread that Voxalot sends the IP of the ATA, did you mean the IP that is provided by our ISP, or did you mean the local network IP (192.168.0.3 for example)? That may well be a stupid question, but I had to ask!

JeFFJuH 04-26-2007 04:37 PM

Now I am even unable to make a phonecall.
No matter what number I dial, I get a busy tone.

flaquadrat 04-26-2007 05:08 PM

All calls done using Siemens Gigaset 450 IP

1) using voipcheap or voipbuster over eu.voxalot.com: all landline calls to austria payed and marked with FUP (but must be free)
2) using voipcheap via sip.voipcheap.com: all ladline cals to austria free
3) using voipbuster via sip.voipbuster.com: all landline calls to austria free

Summ of all free cals over voipcheap and voipbuster in this month(april) is less then 100 minutes!
My credit is positive and freedays by both providers greather than 200.

I am calling from Austria.

Liebe Grüße
Fla

flaquadrat 04-26-2007 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony (Post 8237)
May I suggest that you all check with Betamax about their Fair Use Policy and how they are applying it to your individual cases.

We do not have a direct support line to Betamax or an account with them to get them to resolve issues that individual users are having with their Fair Use Policy.

Tony.

Hallo Tony!
Using Voxalot i must pay my free calls and this calls are marked as "FUP". <-- HERE IS THE PROBEM
Without Voxalot all free landline calls (from/to Austria) are FREE.

Can you explain me how can Betamax support check what is happen in Voxalot environment?
Betamax site is working well this time.

Regards & Liebe Grüße
Fla

kingmonkey 04-26-2007 05:43 PM

I'm getting FUP problems as well.

ATA -> voxalot -> voipcheap.com

I register to eu.voxalot.com server.

Tony 04-26-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flaquadrat (Post 8277)
Hallo Tony!
Using Voxalot i must pay my free calls and this calls are marked as "FUP". <-- HERE IS THE PROBEM
Without Voxalot all free landline calls (from/to Austria) are FREE.

Can you explain me how can Betamax support check what is happen in Voxalot environment?
Betamax site is working well this time.

Regards & Liebe Grüße
Fla

Well - every thing was working fine - nothing has changed in Voxalot - so clearly Betamax has found another way to impose a limit on Voxalot users as they did before, they have now just taken a more subtle approach.

Has any one actually got a response as to why they are getting the Fair Use Policy issues from Betamax when using Voxalot?

I will contact Betamax my self to see what has changed and why you are all having this issue now?

Tony.

Eduard75 04-27-2007 05:31 AM

Hi Tony

at least me received NO answer from betamax, asked 24 hours ago.

Could you provide me a right way of asking betamax ?
I've used standard feedback form on their site (VoipDiscount)

Tony 04-27-2007 05:56 AM

Using their feedback form is a good start. What about their forums? Have you tried posting a question there?

Tony.

olinpower 04-27-2007 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony (Post 8310)
Using their feedback form is a good start. What about their forums? Have you tried posting a question there?
Tony.

They never answers. I have tried few month ago but without results (no answer)

JeFFJuH 04-27-2007 06:20 AM

Tony, they haven't replied on my forum post, or on my message using their feedback form.

Also, the forum only has some moderators who usually don't know anything about any policy changes, so I think their forum isn't really a place to check in situations like this.