Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Tips, Tricks & HowTo's (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Official Voxalot STUN Server (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=3832)

martin 02-27-2009 09:47 AM

Official Voxalot STUN Server

Hello,

Please note that the official Voxalot STUN server is:

stun.voxalot.com:3478

It seems that there a quite a few people still trying to use an older STUN server stun.voxalot.com.au - which is no longer available.

If you are using a STUN server, please make sure it is set to:

dc2007 03-07-2009 04:25 AM

im using spa3102 i plan to change my stun to this but it should be exactly as stun.voxalot.com:3478 with the port? or just the stun.voxalot.com is enough?

martin 03-07-2009 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc2007 (Post 22144)
im using spa3102 i plan to change my stun to this but it should be exactly as stun.voxalot.com:3478 with the port? or just the stun.voxalot.com is enough?

If this device is similar to the SPA3000 then you should include the port. See:

SIP Broker Wiki : Inbound Calls Directly to your LinkSys or Sipura

hongkongpom 08-26-2009 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 21874)
Hello,

Please note that the official Voxalot STUN server is:

It seems that there a quite a few people still trying to use an older STUN server stun.voxalot.com.au - which is no longer available.

If you are using a STUN server, please make sure it is set to:

Am I correct that you only need this if your ATA is plugged into a router?

Thankyou
hkp

boatman 08-26-2009 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hongkongpom (Post 24752)
Am I correct that you only need this if your ATA is plugged into a router?

Yes, SIP and RTP ports can change when the packet goes through the router. STUN is one way for your ATA to know it's external IP address and external SIP and RTP ports. The ATA puts these details into some SIP packets, most importantly the SDP packet from which the other party's SIP device reads your public IP address and RTP port number (the connection information), so you can get a more direct voice (RTP) connection.

If you don't want to use STUN you can forward the SIP and RTP ports instead. That preserves the port numbers through NAT traversal. As for the external IP address, your ATA can get that during the registration process.

People who have not configured their ATAs to send the correct connection information can still use Voxalot but must use Voxalot's 'symmetric NAT handling' option. These are the same people who report problems when 'symmetric NAT handling' fails, as happened a couple times earlier this year (on one proxy only).

Ron 08-26-2009 04:51 AM

If your ATA has its own external IP address (not an internal LAN address such as 192.168.x.x), you shouldn't need to use a STUN server.

JakDac 09-24-2009 02:56 AM

Can not register

Cannot register my v100 to voxalot was working for years registers when I change to MNF but no success on the ATA with Voxalot ( is registering on x-lite softphone ? Any problems at voxalot ? any solution

Ta Jak