Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot General (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Override code for a dial plan (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=2707)

addo62 01-04-2008 12:48 AM

Override code for a dial plan

Hi I am new to Voxalot & was after some dial plan help.

I currently have several dial plans using 3 VSP's & 1 of those plans uses Pennytel specifically for mobile calls.

_04. [$EXTEN] Pennytel ENUM $[EXTEN] Yes

I wanted to know how to put an override plan in place in case Pennytel goes down (unreliable @ the moment) so I can use MNF instead.

Any help appreciated.

kurun 01-04-2008 03:52 AM

Voxalot does not as yet support automatic alternate provider selection in case of primary provider failure.

To force the call to go to another provider in your list, you could set up a dial plan with an extra prefix number to force a match with a rule that sends the call to the alternate provider.

I usually use that provider's Sipbroker number to force the match, and then strip out the added characters in the dial plan. This makes it easy to remember.

So for example, you can create a dial plan as follows :
_37804. [$EXTEN:3] MNF ENUM $[EXTEN:3] Yes

So to use this, you prefix the dialled number by 378 and dial 37804xxxx...
The [$EXTEN:3] will strip out the 378 and pass on the 04xxx... part of the number to MNF.

Once you get the hang of this, you will see how powerful this can be, and I am sure you will get quite creative. Give it a try.

You can test the rule in the test box feature at the bottom of the rules page.

Hope this helps.

ozimarco 01-04-2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addo62 (Post 14966)
I currently have several dial plans using 3 VSP's & 1 of those plans uses Pennytel specifically for mobile calls.

_04. [$EXTEN] Pennytel ENUM $[EXTEN] Yes

I wanted to know how to put an override plan in place in case Pennytel goes down (unreliable @ the moment) so I can use MNF instead.

Actually, the number presented to ENUM should always be in full international format, so your example should read:

_04. [$EXTEN] Pennytel ENUM 61${EXTEN:1} Yes

This means the number presented to ENUM would now be 614etc., the full international format of the mobile number.

As kurun indicated, you could simply prefix the mobile number with any other number, for example 2, to make the call via MNF.

_204. [$EXTEN:1] MyNetFone ENUM 61${EXTEN:2} Yes

This dial plan will present the normal mobile number to MNF and the full international number to ENUM if you prefix the mobile number with the number 2.

kurun 01-04-2008 02:00 PM

Thanks for pointing that out.
I did not really pay attention to the difference between the ENUM format required and the one that would be sent to the local provider (Pennytel or MNF in this case).

In most cases, I set ENUM to off while I make sure that the rule is working correctly through the specified provider, and set it to Yes later.

addo62 01-05-2008 08:08 AM

thanks kurun & ozimarco.

I just changed the plan to your suggestion ozimarco & it works great:D