Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (http://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (http://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   outbound calls being cut-off (http://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=2114)

haceaton 08-15-2007 08:00 PM

outbound calls being cut-off
 
Within the last couple of days my outbound calls have started getting cut off after a short time, 30 to 140 seconds. Inbound calls are not affected. If I place an outbound call as a SIP call using voxalot as the provider, it does not get cut-off. I have two providers, callcentric.com and voip.ms. All calls placed through either of them are having the cut off problem. Neither is SIP registered in my provider list but I'm about to try registering callcentric to see if that makes a difference (presently I'm waiting for the "pending" status to go away which seems to take quite a long time).

Both providers worked fine for outbound calls a few days ago.

On my end, I instantly get a busy tone when the call is cut off. The recipient of the call seems to not know the call is dead for some time.

Any ideas?

haceaton 08-15-2007 09:32 PM

registration didn't make a difference
 
The status finally changed from "pending" to "-" (I thought it was supposed to say "registered") but callcentric.com reports that I'm registered.

It didn't make any difference; outbound calls are still axed after a short time (typically 90 seconds).

I'm using us.voxalot.com as the proxy; another user posted recently that it was having problems so maybe this is related.

martin 08-15-2007 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haceaton (Post 11710)
The status finally changed from "pending" to "-" (I thought it was supposed to say "registered") but callcentric.com reports that I'm registered.

It didn't make any difference; outbound calls are still axed after a short time (typically 90 seconds).

I'm using us.voxalot.com as the proxy; another user posted recently that it was having problems so maybe this is related.

Please PM your 6 digit Voxalot account number.
.

haceaton 08-16-2007 11:25 PM

Got it working
 
I changed several things so I'm not sure exactly which one did the trick.

Martin suggested turning off the "Optimize Audio Path" setting for the providers as well as changing the port number for callcentric.com to 5080. I think it's possible that I turned on the "optimize audio path" around the time that problems developed, but I didn't notice right away because I mostly had inbound calls after the change which worked right.

Other changes I made were to change my ATA to have only 729A, ulaw and alaw as the preffered codecs and also set those as the only codecs for all my providers (since these are the ones common to all).

Anyway it's working now. Thank Martin.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.