Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   inbound calls do not ring ATA, but go to voicemail (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=4241)

rybshik 08-15-2009 12:14 AM

inbound calls do not ring ATA, but go to voicemail

Hello,
I just created a new free Voxalot account 'my_user_id'. I am forwarding Callcentric calls at my voxalot sip uri 'my_user_id@us.voxalot.com'. My ATA SPA2102 does not ring, instead the calls go to voxalot's voicemail. My ATA is registerd with voxalot and I do not have any problems with outgoing calls.

My ATA has only G729a codec enabled

docknden1 08-15-2009 12:46 AM

Hi Everyone,

I do have the same problem as mentioned above i.e whenever a voxalot user tries to call my voxalot extension his call is getting diverted to the voicemail and he cannot reach my phone,on contrary whenever i dial other voxalot the connection is made with any issues I am using a siemens C475 IP DECT phone.

Looking forward to any pointers on the issue.

Thanks

boatman 08-15-2009 02:41 AM

The problem could be a 'NAT keep alive' issue. If your ATA is behind a NAT router and the SIP port is not forwarded then the ATA must send SIP packets at regular intervals in order to maintain a NAT mapping in the router. The NAT mapping allows incoming SIP packets to reach the ATA. If the 'NAT keep alive' packets are not sent the router will remove the NAT mapping after some time, usually 3 or 5 minutes. If you can receive calls immediately after your ATA has registered, but a few minutes later the calls go to voice mail, that indicates a 'NAT keep alive' issue.

To test; power cycle or reboot your ATA so you know it has just registered. As soon as it has dial tone or otherwise indicates successful registration, do something to ring your Voxalot number. If your Voxalot phone can receive calls only during a short time after SIP registration then you may have a 'NAT keep alive' issue. If your phone does not ring, even when called within the first 60 seconds after registration, then we need to consider other possible causes of the problem.

rybshik 08-15-2009 03:29 AM

My ATA has a public (dynamic) IP addres, so there should not be NAT issues, correct?

I have copied all the SIP and codec settings as in the voxalot's faq/tutorial for SPA3102 (including setting SIP port to 5060 and G711u as Preferred Codec).

Also I tried to call my ATA via Sipbroker PSTN assess number and get the same result: my ATA does not ring and calls go to voicemail. So it has nothing to do with Callcentric. The problem is clearly between my ATA (SPA2102) and Voxalot.

RESOLVED

emoci 08-15-2009 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rybshik (Post 24630)
My ATA has a public (dynamic) IP addres, so there should not be NAT issues, correct?

I have copied all the SIP and codec settings as in the voxalot's faq/tutorial for SPA3102 (including setting SIP port to 5060 and G711u as Preferred Codec).

Also I tried to call my ATA via Sipbroker PSTN assess number and get the same result: my ATA does not ring and calls go to voicemail. So it has nothing to do with Callcentric. The problem is clearly between my ATA (SPA2102) and Voxalot.

RESOLVED

What was the problem ?

Bob0260 08-16-2009 06:38 PM

I have had the same problem this weekend. I was on eu proxy one server (Due to FUP problem). Inbound calls going to voicemail. Changed to US server and received inbound calls. Later on Saturday I changed back to EU proxy one and received inbound calls again. Untill late Sunday when I noticed the problem again. Have changed to US server and receiving incoming again.

boatman 08-16-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rybshik (Post 24630)
My ATA has a public (dynamic) IP address, so there should not be NAT issues, correct?

Yes, when there is no NAT there can be no NAT issues. How did you resolve the problem?

jcbrown 09-24-2009 03:14 AM

Patton Micro ATA

I can get X-Lite Softphone to work with Voxalot. Unable to get ATA to work with Voxalot. ATA is registered with Voxalot. Call SIP Number for ATA and only getting Voicemail. Phone does not ring but it does have a dial tone. What am I missing?

JakDac 09-24-2009 04:10 AM

Cannot register my v100 to voxalot was working for years registers when I change to M

Cannot register my v100 to voxalot was working for years registers when I change to MNF but no success on the ATA with Voxalot ( is registering on x-lite softphone ? Any problems at voxalot ? any solution

Ta Jak

boatman 09-24-2009 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcbrown (Post 25143)
Phone does not ring but it does have a dial tone. What am I missing?

Maybe it's a NAT traversal issue. Can you receive a call within the first 180 seconds after SIP registration? If so, try forwarding the SIP port used on your end, and use a STUN server.