Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   VOICEMAIL - Another year gone by, and still not fixed! (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=4422)

VoipAlot 10-03-2009 03:58 PM

VOICEMAIL - Another year gone by, and still not fixed!

Hi Everyone.

Thanks Voxalot for the "Fantastic" VSP service! It's simplified our communications, and we've happily implemented it for many customers now! (30+). However the comments we've received from clients, and an issue we noticed back when we were newbs is the voicemail message sequence...

If you have used Voicemail, and you have been away from your PC (if you had Voicemail's emailed to you) and you've logged on to voxalot to listen to your voicemail via your account, then THIS TOPIC IS FOR YOU!

When clicking on the list of Voicemail stored on the server, one would expect the list to be sorted... Perhaps newest voicemail at the top? Or perhaps the newest voicemail message at the bottom....
:mad:
Well instead of these two, the ENTIRE voicemail list (of voicemail messages stored on the server) is completely random!
:confused:
How am I mean to sift through ALL these voicemail messages, to find the most recent voicemail?
Especially when so many can't be deleted until dealt with, or actioned..

1. I just don't understand, why and whoever created the voicemail system, why they didn't configure it to list the messages in an A-Z or Z-A fashion?

2. Why this is my 2nd (or 3rd) request in the last couple years, to have an important feature fixed! (when it would take.... 10-20 minutes to fix!)

So has anyone found any tricks to determine which are the most recent voicemail's in this list, and is the list really random, or is there some sort of weird sequence to it all?

Possible solution?
Forward calls to an alternate VSP to take voicemail? (hence not use the included features offered by Voxalot?)
:eek:
Thanks guys!

martin 10-04-2009 02:30 AM

Thank you for your suggestion. Please see:

http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post25253

VoipAlot 10-04-2009 02:41 AM

Thank you martin. :)

Off-TopicYou may want to disable that 'feature' that forces users to search the page for a quick reply button, as in the quick reply box, it asks you to push the quick reply button first (which is the right most icon in any above post, but i only just learnt that!)

I'm sure it would help everyone, if you could enable the quick reply box, as i've seen on 90% of forums, and not have to push the 'obscure' "Quick Reply" button?

Thanks again for your prompt reply, and sorting out the voicemail!
10/10!!!

martin 10-04-2009 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoipAlot (Post 25257)
Thank you martin. :)

Off-TopicYou may want to disable that 'feature' that forces users to search the page for a quick reply button, as in the quick reply box, it asks you to push the quick reply button first (which is the right most icon in any above post, but i only just learnt that!)

I'm sure it would help everyone, if you could enable the quick reply box, as i've seen on 90% of forums, and not have to push the 'obscure' "Quick Reply" button?

Thanks again for your prompt reply, and sorting out the voicemail!
10/10!!!

Quick reply button is now no longer required. Thanks

VoipAlot 10-04-2009 05:02 PM

sorry to keep bothering you martin, but when a change is made to the smart dial plans, how long does it take to come into effect?

i'm finding we're unable to make 13xx and 18xx number calls (13x xxx, 1300 xxx xxx, 1800 xxx xxx).
I've reset the dial plan settings at pennytel to test, but it comlains that if you disable the area / locale setting in there, it can';t handle multiple calls...

So testing with mynetphone, and others, i was able to make these phone calls when directly using the voip company, but was unable to make these calls for users via voxalot.

could you please look at the smart dial plans and determine if anything is wrong with them?

When set to sydney as the locality, it allows for callling local numbers without the 02 etc.. and the same for 13 and 18 numbers. But it doesn't seem to work on voxalot.

Thanks martin.