Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Calling through PSTN via SIP Broker PSTN access numbers & voxalot (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=2802)

patwolf 02-09-2008 07:05 PM

Calling through PSTN via SIP Broker PSTN access numbers & voxalot

Hi,

I would like to call a PSTN in another country from my mobile phone.

To make it cheaper I would like to:
* dial a local SIP Broker PSTN access numbers
* give the voxalot extension
* type in the number I want to call in the other country
* let voxalot set up the call based on my call planes
* talk with the person on the other end :)

So it's similar to this just the added step of actually calling somebody:
HowTo: Accessing Voxalot From A Regular Phone - Voxalot FAQ

Any ideas of how to make this work?

Thanks a lot,
Patrick

green 02-09-2008 07:16 PM

Check this Placing VoIP Calls from any Old Regular PSTN Phone

All credits are going to emoci

patwolf 02-10-2008 02:28 AM

That's an excellent guide.

Thank you very much,
Patrick

andy 02-15-2008 01:43 PM

I believe that pbxes is not compatible with the Betamax VoIp providers at the moment.

Is this still true if pbxes and Voxalot are used as in that article, with a Betamax provider defined in the Voxalot dialplan?

edit correction - I've read that pbxes does now work with Betamax, but the fair use policy arises

so whatever I've done needs a bit more attention ...

amroe 02-15-2008 02:25 PM

I hope Voxalot , make it for Us .

emoci 02-16-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 15415)
I believe that pbxes is not compatible with the Betamax VoIp providers at the moment.

Is this still true if pbxes and Voxalot are used as in that article, with a Betamax provider defined in the Voxalot dialplan?

edit correction - I've read that pbxes does now work with Betamax, but the fair use policy arises

so whatever I've done needs a bit more attention ...

It really depends on which BetaMax provider you are using, how many others are using the same, sometimes it seems like it is just luck;)..... I have yet to have an issue using InternetCalls either directly via PBXes or via VoXalot through PBXes.....

But I do remember hearing about one or two complaints with VoIPStunt and VoipBuster

The forums at PBXes have been relatively quiet lately regarding Betamax issues (but then anyone with a free acct can't post on those forums anyway)

andy 02-17-2008 07:23 PM

Thanks. I spent a bit of time on this the other day, after recommending it to a friend to look at, and saying I must get around to it myself.

I've got access to pbxes past the PIN to the dialtone, but need to check through some settings as the outgoing calls don't work yet

emoci 02-17-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 15433)
Thanks. I spent a bit of time on this the other day, after recommending it to a friend to look at, and saying I must get around to it myself.

I've got access to pbxes past the PIN to the dialtone, but need to check through some settings as the outgoing calls don't work yet

It's likely an issue with the DIAL PLAN.... Since I wrote the guide their interface has been updated a bit.....

So, if you are just using your Main VoXalot acct as an outgoing trunk, under outbound routing, select the 'Valid for all numbers' option....

Otherwise to use the DIAL plan suggestions in the guide, you need to enter them in the last field 'Custom Dial Patterns'......from there you may notice that upon saving it will adjust them on its own to the appropriate box

Also use the 'Call Monitor' feature to see what's happening when you place a call so you can troubleshoot from there