Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot General (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Unblocking VOIP port in U.A.E (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=3021)

Shukla 04-26-2008 05:35 AM

Unblocking VOIP port in U.A.E

In U.A.E all voip are blocked by state run broadband provider ETISALAT.
Is there is any way out to use voip with Linsys PAP2T for international call?
Basiscally i dont want to use the computer to call others , it is very annoying to me.

All guidlines are welcomed.

Thanks and regards,

Tony 04-26-2008 09:33 AM

Try Voxalot' s web call back.

Voxalot Products & Services for Consumers - Voxalot FAQ

richard99 04-26-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shukla (Post 16356)
In U.A.E all voip are blocked by state run broadband provider ETISALAT.
Is there is any way out to use voip with Linsys PAP2T for international call?
Basiscally i dont want to use the computer to call others , it is very annoying to me.

I read many forum that is there is no way to use any type of ATA device in U.A.E, all ports are closed what so ever may be. Some of providers not all PC based software can be used or may be Skype.

191727 04-26-2008 03:09 PM

i have been there on the way and couldnt get my laptop/nokia e65 work there to make voip calls. after i press the call button with i. e. voipdiscount, it says 'you are not allowed to make this call'. i leanr later that all ports are blocked.

but you can try to use some vpn (virtual private network) to bypass the port. my ip ranges here in sweden are blocked by betamax (many people registered to betamax in this area and betamax blocked all the ip range *.*.*.1-255 for all betamax services.) but i am able to make the calls by creating a vpn connection to my university letting the betamax know that i am caling from university's IP.

amroe 04-26-2008 04:34 PM

I have friends in UAE , and the sip devices dont work , while installed software on PCs work good and they talk to me from them , So what the Clinet use and What the sip device use to make a call , the answer is Here !!!

LCfan 04-30-2008 07:57 AM

Did someone already tried to use port 80 or 443?

Regards

Andreas

richard99 06-30-2008 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard99 (Post 17497)
Many users finding difficult to use X-lite or similar VOIP client in places where ISP have blocked all SIP ports, following is the link to download and use it. It works with charm.

paradial.com - Download - RealTunnel firewall NAT traversal client

Try this link...

boatman 07-02-2008 01:53 AM

I have not tried it, but have read that Vbuzzer will work in U.A.E. because Vbuzzer runs their proxy on port 80. To read more about that you can do a google search for the following terms.

vbuzzer port-80 uae

Although the VoIP service provider chooses the port for their end, you have to choose the port on your end. Obviously you should not use the standard SIP port, 5060 if you wish to avoid the blocked ports.

richard99 07-05-2008 06:09 PM

Any port with sip protocol does not work in UAE, except Skype. Yes softphone from Batamax and some old version Net2phone and similar may be others.... work but no way for ATA device to make it work.

ctylor 07-05-2008 07:56 PM

Try emigrating.