Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot General (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Recommend a UK Geographical DID that works with Voxalot (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=6814)

Alistair 10-06-2010 08:24 PM

Recommend a UK Geographical DID that works with Voxalot

oh, & it has to be free also :-)

carlosalbffgomes 10-06-2010 09:14 PM

I don't know of any DID provider with free geographical UK numbers.
If you want non-geographical DID (sort of 0844 or 0845 numbers) you can try VoipUser service (they offer free non-geographical numbers). If you are able to pay a little value for such DID (for around € 2.95 a month) you can get it through MyDivert service, which is very good and they have all UK area codes (I'm a pleased MyDivert customer).
Regards,

Alistair 10-07-2010 05:17 AM

Thanks was really looking for geographical & free...

I have localphone but have recently moved house & now they charge for DID as far as i can see & sipgate doesn't work with voxalot

441516 10-07-2010 11:51 AM

I have a Sipgate with Voxalot for incoming and it works fine. You may be able to get a number by becoming PAYG user.

Alistair 10-07-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 441516 (Post 32876)
I have a Sipgate with Voxalot for incoming and it works fine. You may be able to get a number by becoming PAYG user.

hmm, i thought sipgate didn't work - oh well will get a new sipgate no :-) any tips for setting it up ? TIA

441516 10-08-2010 11:55 AM

Its simple. register with your 7 digit ID and password. Sip server is: sipgate.co.uk
also try Business Call Management Solutions | Orbtalk for payg. Orbtalk did issue free number but I am not aware of current situation. Betamax certainly issue voip-in numbers once credit bought ,however the company has been issueing 0560XXX..... numbers recently and not geographical.
Third one is Terrasip.

Alistair 10-08-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 441516 (Post 32894)
Its simple. register with your 7 digit ID and password. Sip server is: sipgate.co.uk
also try Business Call Management Solutions | Orbtalk for payg. Orbtalk did issue free number but I am not aware of current situation. Betamax certainly issue voip-in numbers once credit bought ,however the company has been issueing 0560XXX..... numbers recently and not geographical.
Third one is Terrasip.

kurun 10-09-2010 01:21 PM

Also, you can check Internet Telephone Calling Solutions - DrayTEL :

"Local ('Geographic') Area Code of your choice* You can get your own telephone number with any UK area code you like (e.g. London 020...) for callers to reach you on from anywhere in the world. There are no ongoing rental charges for the number (a call must be received at least once every 60 days to keep the number active/allocated). Only 1 free geographic number is allowed per DrayTEL account after purchasing £10 call credit."

Alistair 10-09-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurun (Post 32902)
Also, you can check Internet Telephone Calling Solutions - DrayTEL :

"Local ('Geographic') Area Code of your choice* You can get your own telephone number with any UK area code you like (e.g. London 020...) for callers to reach you on from anywhere in the world. There are no ongoing rental charges for the number (a call must be received at least once every 60 days to keep the number active/allocated). Only 1 free geographic number is allowed per DrayTEL account after purchasing £10 call credit."

thanks will look at this too