Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot General (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Voxalot + PBXes (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=2938)

325xi 03-27-2008 06:21 PM

Voxalot + PBXes

I've seen many cool features that can only be achieved by connecting Voxalot and PBXes.

Major drawback of these solutions is that free PBXes account is unmanaged - if it stops working, or gets locked, you have no way to have support help you. Their Premium account fee is ridiculously high for a private user.

I'm just wondering - why doesn't PBXes add private paid account? They got tons of non-business users on free accounts, and I think many would agree to pay reasonable money to have reliable fully functional supported account. Private users don't generate traffic any close to businesses, so I shouldn't cost that much.

I wanted to ask Pascal, but didn't find a way to contact him :)

emoci 03-27-2008 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 325xi (Post 15963)
I've seen many cool features that can only be achieved by connecting Voxalot and PBXes.

Major drawback of these solutions is that free PBXes account is unmanaged - if it stops working, or gets locked, you have no way to have support help you. Their Premium account fee is ridiculously high for a private user.

I'm just wondering - why doesn't PBXes add private paid account? They got tons of non-business users on free accounts, and I think many would agree to pay reasonable money to have reliable fully functional supported account. Private users don't generate traffic any close to businesses, so I shouldn't cost that much.

I wanted to ask Pascal, but didn't find a way to contact him :)

Probably your best bet to get in touch with him PBXspace

325xi 04-03-2008 02:26 AM

Soho

They just introduced SOHO accounts - most of Premium features, support, etc - for 2.95 Euro/mo. I'm going to subscribe and see how it goes.

emoci 04-03-2008 02:27 AM

I don't know if you got in touch with him.....

But for what it's worth for $2.95 Euro a month for access to a forum isn't a great victory (it's the only feature of some importance that you get with that acct.)....while the free accts get bumped even further down to 1500 min/ 5 extensions

See https://www4.pbxes.com/iptel_details_e.html

:(

325xi 04-03-2008 02:33 AM

For me the most important thing there was to know that my account is legitimate enough not to be locked any time they want. All those horror stories on accidentally (or not) locked accounts with no way to restore... It's still expensive, but at least I can use with no fear of being cut off...

emoci 04-03-2008 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 325xi (Post 16080)
For me the most important thing there was to know that my account is legitimate enough not to be locked any time they want. All those horror stories on accidentally (or not) locked accounts with no way to restore... It's still expensive, but at least I can use with no fear of being cut off...

Fair enough I guess....hope all goes well:)

tosaid 04-03-2008 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 16079)
I don't know if you got in touch with him.....

But for what it's worth for $2.95 Euro a month for access to a forum isn't a great victory (it's the only feature of some importance that you get with that acct.)....while the free accts get bumped even further down to 1500 min/ 5 extensions

See https://www4.pbxes.com/iptel_details_e.html

:(

1500min/month it's something like 50 min/day talking. 325xi if it s enough for you so good luck with that. Free accounts used to offer 5000min/month it 's about 166min/day.

What an exiting offer for 2.95euros/month I would never pay that for 1500 min/month.

325xi 04-03-2008 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tosaid (Post 16082)
1500min/month it's something like 50 min/day talking. 325xi if it s enough for you so good luck with that. Free accounts used to offer 5000min/month it 's about 166min/day.

What an exiting offer for 2.95euros/month I would never pay that for 1500 min/month.

I by no means support their decision to limit it to 1500 min. My excitement was all about ability to have reliable account with them while not paying ridiculous $15/mo. Free account, with all the problems was no good for anything but occasional experimenting or callthrough use. Have you read all those reports on locked free accounts?
I wouldn't dare to recommend free accounts to my family or pals as a primary VoIP aggregator. We here can easily find a workaround by switching to Voxalot or mysipswitch, but those non-techie people wouldn't.

satphoneguy 04-03-2008 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 325xi (Post 16086)
I by no means support their decision to limit it to 1500 min. My excitement was all about ability to have reliable account with them while not paying ridiculous $15/mo. Free account, with all the problems was no good for anything but occasional experimenting or callthrough use. Have you read all those reports on locked free accounts?
I wouldn't dare to recommend free accounts to my family or pals as a primary VoIP aggregator. We here can easily find a workaround by switching to Voxalot or mysipswitch, but those non-techie people wouldn't.

just my personal thought. is PBXes in any form really appropriate at all for a non-techie person? i guess it really depends what you are trying to achieve. but i would likely recommend using consumer oriented telephony services like rebtel, mobivox, or any of thousands of others. as far as user support via a forum you really are not going to find it any better than what you get from voxalot, voipuser or mysipswitch. and that is at all price points. there really is no correlation between price and service; that is a huge myth. there is good and bad support and there is free and paid but not a connection between the two necessarily.

spg

tosaid 04-03-2008 12:43 PM

Any Pbxes alternative out there? not necessarily free but cheaper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 325xi (Post 16086)
I by no means support their decision to limit it to 1500 min.

I know you don't and we all got your point at your previous post.

satphoneguy 04-03-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tosaid (Post 16099)
Any Pbxes alternative out there? not necessarily free but cheaper.

I know you don't and we all got your point at your previous post.

mysipswtich has recently had some upgrades and can be used for just about anything that does not require handling audio path. you can program your own scripts inside the dial plan using ruby. this makes it limited only by your imagination and programing skill. there are no plans to every make it a paid service and support through the forum is excellent.

liberailvoip is also feature packed and can be used for callthrough and callback. limitation is that the UI is only in Italian. agian this is a non-commercial service that plans to remain free.

net2max can do most of what the others can. free and paid options.

of course there is voxalot.

325xi 04-03-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satphoneguy (Post 16091)
there really is no correlation between price and service; that is a huge myth. there is good and bad support and there is free and paid but not a connection between the two necessarily.

What if BlueFace had financial difficulties (not something rare in voip business) and myipswitch budget suddenly cut off? It's fine if I use it for pure fun, but what if I built primary communication system based on myipswitch? Free services are not guaranteed, and thus cannot be used in critical applications, unless you know they are guaranteed for some reason other then being commercial. I use gmail with no problem as it's unlikely to have this kind of financial problems anytime soon. I'd use Voxalot free account with no fear because it is commercial project and again it's unlikely to disappear. Myipswitch? I'd love to use it, but I don't know if I can allow to myself set it up once and forget about it.

Another thing is, what I planned to do is to connect 5-6 clients (ATA and soft) into a network with shared providers, "intercom"-like communication between nodes, etc - something similar I used to see in offices. All this should be easily manageable. I think I can't do it with myipswitch, as remote nodes are likely to have codec differences. It would be difficult to do it with Voxalot unless I'm willing to pay for 5-6 paid accounts - I'd have to pay quite a lot while having very limited features (1 registration etc). So I discovered PBXes that can do all that at one account, which makes it very easy to manage, plus it gives much more features then I can have at Voxalot for $15/account, optional audio bypass like myipswitch, etc. Am I missing something?
The only real problem I see is that I'm not sure I can build such a network having just 2000 min at my hand.

satphoneguy 04-03-2008 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 325xi (Post 16108)
What if BlueFace had financial difficulties (not something rare in voip business) and myipswitch budget suddenly cut off? It's fine if I use it for pure fun, but what if I built primary communication system based on myipswitch? Free services are not guaranteed, and thus cannot be used in critical applications, unless you know they are guaranteed for some reason other then being commercial. I use gmail with no problem as it's unlikely to have this kind of financial problems anytime soon. I'd use Voxalot free account with no fear because it is commercial project and again it's unlikely to disappear. Myipswitch? I'd love to use it, but I don't know if I can allow to myself set it up once and forget about it.

Another thing is, what I planned to do is to connect 5-6 clients (ATA and soft) into a network with shared providers, "intercom"-like communication between nodes, etc - something similar I used to see in offices. All this should be easily manageable. I think I can't do it with myipswitch, as remote nodes are likely to have codec differences. It would be difficult to do it with Voxalot unless I'm willing to pay for 5-6 paid accounts - I'd have to pay quite a lot while having very limited features (1 registration etc). So I discovered PBXes that can do all that at one account, which makes it very easy to manage, plus it gives much more features then I can have at Voxalot for $15/account, optional audio bypass like myipswitch, etc. Am I missing something?
The only real problem I see is that I'm not sure I can build such a network having just 2000 min at my hand.

at my last count paid services go out of business and leave customers stranded just like free ones may. if it is really that critical it may be best to use PSTN for all your trunks and your own asterisk box for the PBX.

325xi 04-04-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satphoneguy (Post 16109)
at my last count paid services go out of business and leave customers stranded just like free ones may. if it is really that critical it may be best to use PSTN for all your trunks and your own asterisk box for the PBX.

Well, I'm willing to sacrifice that level of control that requires PSTN :)

As for my own box - I would never be able to replicate anything close to redundancy any data center has. Oh yeah, my UPS could hold for 30min, and what's then?

But will you argue that features wise, as all-in-one solution, pbxes beats anything around?

tosaid 04-04-2008 08:29 PM

I think we all agree that one of the main reasons why we all switched to VOIP is to have the freedom to make phone calls to wherever and whenever we want and pay a reasonable fees.
I agree that an all in one solution is more than welcome but when you start counting your calls minutes -in my book- it means it s time to start looking for an alternative.
For personal (home) use 2.95 euros ($5us) is fair in enough but 2000 min it's just doesn't make any sens. If it's for 5000min I'll sign up right away. I don't talk that much monthly but it s just silly to start counting my minutes on my home phone...

Quote:

Originally Posted by satphoneguy (Post 16102)
mysipswtich has recently had some upgrades and can be used for just about anything that does not require handling audio path. you can program your own scripts inside the dial plan using ruby. this makes it limited only by your imagination and programing skill. there are no plans to every make it a paid service and support through the forum is excellent.

liberailvoip is also feature packed and can be used for callthrough and callback. limitation is that the UI is only in Italian. agian this is a non-commercial service that plans to remain free.

net2max can do most of what the others can. free and paid options.

of course there is voxalot.

Thank for the information. I do use Mysipswith a few months now and I m quite happy with it. I m using liberalvoip for callback since i discverded emoci guide. And I did try liberalvoip pbx it s really good and got all pbxes features that I need plus speed dial list.

325xi 04-04-2008 08:37 PM

Agree - 2000 min could make sense only for personal (read - one person) communication, but if I'm gonna use few ATA... Well, I'll give it a try anyways... wanna play with their IVR :)

Anyone knows if mysipswitch allows to connect few ATA to one account to ring independently? They have that syntax something.user@mysipswitch.com, but I think it's only for SIP URI incoming calls... Any idea?

satphoneguy 04-04-2008 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 325xi (Post 16130)
Agree - 2000 min could make sense only for personal (read - one person) communication, but if I'm gonna use few ATA... Well, I'll give it a try anyways... wanna play with their IVR :)

Anyone knows if mysipswitch allows to connect few ATA to one account to ring independently? They have that syntax something.user@mysipswitch.com, but I think it's only for SIP URI incoming calls... Any idea?

functionality within a single account is in the works. in the meantime you can set up separate accounts for each phone and than route calls as: sip:acountname@local

Juste 04-05-2008 06:53 AM

who else is offering Callthru ?

Since Voxalot seems to have completely dropped the idea of VoxRoam, what are my other options apart from PBXes and their latest restrictions ?

I am looking for someone offering the same (reliable) Callthru feature as PBXes.

Thanks

325xi 04-14-2008 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 325xi (Post 16130)
Well, I'll give it a try anyways... wanna play with their IVR :)

Well, their IVR, or Digital Receptionist, appears to be quiet a neat thingy. What it can do for a personal use is to allow having just one DID used for all possible uses: call to all your predefined destinations (home-office-mobile-best friend), callthrough, ANI callback, and any of your voicemail boxes. And yes, direct dialing any of your extensions (can have up to 10 independent ATA connected).