Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   no sound when called? (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=7422)

casch 09-21-2011 08:42 AM

no sound when called?

Hi,
it happens and it is quite nasty, of course.

I got a call: VoipDiscount -> Voxalot -> myAta:
- myAta shows the nuber that calls me,
- I pick up the phone and
- nothing but silence.
Neither I hear anything nor the one who calls me :mad:

Sometime, the caller hooks on and calls again and then the call is without problems.

I have no problems if I myself do phone calls.

So I guess it is not a problem of my settings.

I just had the situation, right before I called back:
21-09 08:26:25 08:28:18 00435050532168 00:01:53
(Unfortunately incomming calls are not listed - why not?)
I was called from exactly this number: 00435050532168.

The log of my Ata shows both calls:
21.09.11 09:25 00435050532168 Fon-F 305234 0:01
21.09.11 09:26 00435050532168 Fon-F 305234 0:02
(All are Euro-Time = GMT+2 at the moment)

Can you please figure out why somtimes Voxalot does not establish a 'sound-connection' and correct this?
PLEASE!

Regards,
Carl

bridonca 09-21-2011 09:55 AM

Voxalot does not establish a 'sound-connection' because it uses SIP. And though SIP is an established standard, the SIP standard is still not very good at dealing with a flaky NAT router.

SIP needs a clear route from the internet to your ATA, and it is a very good bet that your router with it's current configuration/firmware is just not up to the job. This is why you are getting such flaky service. Voxalot can not do anything about a problem that is on your end.

Just for giggles, connect the ATA directly to your internet connection, bypassing the router. If the problems go away, you established you have a router problem.

A fix could be to update the firmware, preferably to a 3rd party firmware like DD-WRT, and forward some RTP ports to the ATA. It would be wise to update the ATA firmware also, is possible.

casch 09-21-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bridonca (Post 34430)
Voxalot does not establish a 'sound-connection' because it uses SIP. And though SIP is an established standard, the SIP standard is still not very good at dealing with a flaky NAT router.

SIP needs a clear route from the internet to your ATA, and it is a very good bet that your router with it's current configuration/firmware is just not up to the job. This is why you are getting such flaky service. Voxalot can not do anything about a problem that is on your end.

Well, I have a FitzBox, made for Voip and it has a answering machine. To me this is my ata. The 'final' headset is connected via DECT to that FitzBox.

Quote:

Just for giggles, connect the ATA directly to your internet connection, bypassing the router. If the problems go away, you established you have a router problem.

Well I think that my Ata (the Fitzbox) is directly connected to voxalot, nothing in between - except my provider.

Quote:

A fix could be to update the firmware, preferably to a 3rd party firmware like DD-WRT, and forward some RTP ports to the ATA. It would be wise to update the ATA firmware also, is possible.

I just have installed most recent update last Sunday.
Greetings, Casch