Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   SPA1001 Appears to be registering every 1 second (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=3116)

richard 06-03-2008 04:14 AM

SPA1001 Appears to be registering every 1 second

Hi All

I just setup a SPA1001 for a friend and for some reason it appears to be registering every 1 second.

The Next Registration In shows only blank, 1 s or 0 s.

I have the Register Expires set to 3600, but previously I had it at 600 and 1800 and the ATA still appears to always show the next registration after blank, 0 or 1 sec.

--------------------------
Next Registration In: 1 s
Register Expires: 3600

--------------------------

Is the Register Expires parameter the field that controls the registration period?

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

Richard

richard99 06-03-2008 07:00 AM

yes, Register Expires parameter the field that controls the registration period. For Voxalot the recommended value is 600 sec.

richard 06-03-2008 11:15 AM

Okay, this is weird now. I left it set at 3600 overnight (7 hours) and when I work up this morning, it was doing as it should. Taking 3600 seconds between registratino expire. I then changed the setting back to 600 and now it is expiring every 1 second again.

Not sure what it will show in a few hours. I'll let everyone know.

Richard

richard 06-05-2008 12:55 PM

Okay, so now that I set it to 3600 seconds, it took 2 days (two overnights) before it starting to expire every 3600 seconds. For 2 days it was expiring every 1 sec. Anyhow knows why this unusual behaviour?

ridouan 06-09-2008 01:49 AM

I had the same problem with my SPA-3102. Whenever I enable the options

- Handle VIA received
- Insert VIA received
- Handle VIA rport
- Insert VIA rport

as some posts on the net suggest, I get the exact same behaviour. I did read somewhere this was due to the fact I'm also using a STUN server and that if 'STUN test' was set to yes the 1sec registration issue would go away.
Unfortunately that didn't happen, so I just the turned off the above options and enabled "Substitute VIA Addr", "Send Resp To Src Port" and "STUN Enable". That seems to do the trick and works without a hitch.

ozimarco 06-09-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridouan (Post 17072)
Unfortunately that didn't happen, so I just the turned off the above options and enabled "Substitute VIA Addr", "Send Resp To Src Port" and "STUN Enable". That seems to do the trick and works without a hitch.

Those are my settings, too, in my PAP2. Working very well.

richard 06-10-2008 02:29 AM

Ridouan

It worked. The registration seconds now reflect what it should be. Unfortunately, now I have one-way audio, but its a start.

This does help me to understand the problem a bit better, so thanks!!!

Richard

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridouan (Post 17072)
I had the same problem with my SPA-3102. Whenever I enable the options

- Handle VIA received
- Insert VIA received
- Handle VIA rport
- Insert VIA rport

as some posts on the net suggest, I get the exact same behaviour. I did read somewhere this was due to the fact I'm also using a STUN server and that if 'STUN test' was set to yes the 1sec registration issue would go away.

ridouan 06-10-2008 02:48 PM

I'm glad you got it working (partially) ! :)

WRT to one-way audio, do you have 'NAT Mapping Enable' and 'NAT Keep Alive Enable' set to 'Yes'? (Found on the Line 1 tab).

If you have an ADSL modem in router (NAT) mode, you could also have a look to see whether the SIP ALG is enabled on your ADSL modem. It seems that a lot of modems have a crappy implementation that screws up SIP instead of fixing it.