Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot General (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Free geographic SIP DIDs in UK? (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=4107)

martyp 06-20-2009 05:46 PM

Free geographic SIP DIDs in UK?

Hi all,

I currently have an 0560 number associated with my Voxalot account which I thought would have been charged at geographic rates and even included in free minutes but unfortunately not, at least with my providers.
I would really like to get hold of a free DID geographic number (01 or 02) which I can call my VOIP phone on at home using the free minutes on my mobile phone.
I've had a look at the list and saw some like Orbtalk etc. but can't quite tell if it's simply a case of getting a DID number which goes through to my Voxalot account or if I get charged somehow or have to get credit or something?

The one I currently have is from uknumber.co.uk - Giving you a free UK phone number - wherever you are in the world! which works great and just directs to my voxalot address but like mentioned I get charged to ring it...

Please can someone recommend the best service? I also considered using the sipbroker service...

Many thanks

emoci 06-20-2009 08:24 PM

Your best bets right now for free UK Geographic DIDs are Coms or Eutelia...

See http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-gen....html#post9868 for a list

kurun 06-21-2009 03:01 AM

You can also check out Business Call Management Solutions | Orbtalk

martyp 06-21-2009 04:43 PM

Many thanks for the replies but I've looked at those websites and can't figure out if I can simply direct the number they supply me with to my voxalot address? Can I do that?

I'm getting confused I think as to me it looks like they would supply me with an account attached to the DID and the DID number would go through to the account I have with Coms.com or Orbtalk?

Is it possible to use the number acquired by setting up an account with one of them to go to my Voxalot address?

I currently use JustVoip as my VOIP provider you see and I set up the Voxalot account to receive incoming calls by linking the DID number to voxalot as opposed to my Justvoip address.

SIPBroker seems to work really well, I've added the local PSTN number into my mobile phone with my Voxalot number to automatically send after a pause and it works perfectly. I might just use that instead...

emoci 06-22-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyp (Post 23655)
Many thanks for the replies but I've looked at those websites and can't figure out if I can simply direct the number they supply me with to my voxalot address? Can I do that?

I'm getting confused I think as to me it looks like they would supply me with an account attached to the DID and the DID number would go through to the account I have with Coms.com or Orbtalk?

Is it possible to use the number acquired by setting up an account with one of them to go to my Voxalot address?

I currently use JustVoip as my VOIP provider you see and I set up the Voxalot account to receive incoming calls by linking the DID number to voxalot as opposed to my Justvoip address.

SIPBroker seems to work really well, I've added the local PSTN number into my mobile phone with my Voxalot number to automatically send after a pause and it works perfectly. I might just use that instead...

1. Orbtalk new signups do not currently work for some reason

2. Coms needs to be registered. Either with VoXalot (you'll need a premium acct) or through a third party like MySipSwitch or PBXes which can forward it back to VoXalot...

3. The same thing applies for Eutelia as for coms...

andy 08-03-2009 02:50 PM

Also see Sipgate or Localphone for free incoming numbers

Or you could rent an area code number for a couple of quid or so per month from Gradwell, Voipfone, Voiptalk and others, and 0560 free from Voiptalk and perhaps others

The advantage of a Voiptalk one is the number can be forwarded to a SIP address if that's more convenient, rather than need to register the target account in for example Voxalot.

0560 isn't that bad - should be same tariff as landlines from a landline, but as you say, the problem is that mobile networks seem to dislike them and charge too much outside inclusive minutes