Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   VoXaLot not working with PBXes (VoXaLot as an extension of PBXes) (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1372)

wilsonhlacerda 04-12-2007 02:06 AM

VoXaLot not working with PBXes (VoXaLot as an extension of PBXes)

Hi all.

As I can not have VoXaLot registered to one of my providers
(see this here: http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...egistered.html )
I created a free PBXes account in order to have it as a bridge between my provider and VoXaLot (just create an extension in PBXes, register VoXaLot to it and create a trunk in PBXes to you provider with all inbound calls routing to the extension). This can be an useful temporary solution for all of you that have the same problem with VoXaLot.
Everything worked fine for a day or two. But now I'm having some problems with VoXaLot that maybe you can help me: there's no audio.

Well, just for a while forget the "bridge". The problem is more generic: VoXaLot is not properly handling codecs when receiving a call from PBXes. I created 2 extensions in PBXes: 200 and 300. I registered VoXaLot to 300 and I have an ATA registered to VoXaLot. I registered X-PRO softphone to extension 200. If I call from my ATA to extension 200 (voxalot -> pbxes) evething work fine. BUT if I call from my X-PRO to extension 300 (pbxes -> voxalot) my ATA rings but there's no audio. I can see in X-PRO that there's no codec set for the voip connection (none of them gets that square around it in the X-PRO display).
This happen no matter if I put only G729 or only iLBC or all codecs in VoXaLot. And also no matter if I select yes/no in the "audio bypass" options in PBXes or "Enable symmetric NAT handling" option in VoXaLot.

What's strange is that everything worked fine for a day or two and now it definitely do not work. And all of my tests suggests it is a problem within VoXaLot now.

Do you have VoXaLot working fine as an extension of PBXes? Can someone help me?

wycodreams 04-12-2007 04:06 AM

i have same problem

mgoebel 04-12-2007 08:32 AM

Try to call from outside!

Sometimes things just behave weird when all your SIP devices are running over the same broadband connection, when e. g. your ATA and your softphone are running over the same DSL connection. Maybe because they are in the same IP range then.

You definitely have to check your devices by receiving calls from outside. Just call the two PBXes extensions with your mobile phone or from a friends phone! Often everything works finde then.

At least that solved my problem with another SIP provider and Voxalot. At home a had the weirdest problems. So I was running many several tests with softphones and my ATA. But then I realized that my friends from outside my network could call me without problems.

I don't know if this solves your problem, but you should give it a try.

wilsonhlacerda 04-12-2007 09:09 AM

Thanks El_Condor, but unfortunately that's where all the problems have started.
I meam....I've done this softphone/ATA test - and confirmed the problem - just because I had realized that when receiving a call from outside I was having an audio problem.

As I wrote above, I'm using PBXes just as a bridge between my provider and VoXaLot. I myself put a call to a PSTN access number of the provider and dialed my account ID. The call goes ok to PBXes and rings VoXaLot extension 300, so my ATA rings. When I answer the call in the ATA there's no audio in both directions. Graphically it is this way:
mobile ==> PSTN access number ==> VoIP provider ==> PBXes trunk ==> PBXes extension 300 ==> VoXaLot ==> ATA

If I do just the same but redirecting the inbound calls to the X-PRO extension 200 everything work fine. Graphically it is this way:
mobile ==> PSTN access number ==> VoIP provider ==> PBXes trunk ==> PBXes extension 200 ==> X-PRO

All of this can be easily monitored with the PBXes "status" feature plus the softphone display.

The soptphone <==> PBXex <==> VoXaLot <==> ATA test was just to have the VoIP provider out of the procedures and confirm that it is a problem of VoXaLot with PBXes only.

Thanks anyway.

Any other thoughts?

wilsonhlacerda 04-12-2007 09:43 AM

I've just done another test that can help:

Using my ATA I left my VoXaLot line occupied. Then I called from the X-PRO extension 200 to VoXaLot extension 300. As expected VoXaLot automatically answered the call (voicemail). I saw this in PBXes status. Just like the other times I saw in the X-PRO display that no codec was selected. I couldn't hear my voicemail greetings. I waited 30 seconds and hung up. Then I checked my VoXaLot voicemail and I saw that it recorded a "zero length" message (registered date, time, but no recorded voice message itself). That means: no audio on both sides. Graphically it is this way:
X-PRO ==> PBXes extension 200 ==> PBXes extension 300 ==> VoXaLot ==> VoXaLot voicemail

Now there's only PBXes and VoXaLot in the test, what clearly show the problem starts here.

mgoebel 04-12-2007 10:17 AM

Damn'd zero length calls!

I know these zero length calls and I hate them. Two days ago I got 16 of them because there were problems between my ATA and Sipgate. Also I got some between Voxalot and Tpad.

All those problems still make me shy away from PBXes. I suppose it will bring more of those problems to me. I use about 20 different VoIP services with their respective phone numbers. My idea is to concentrate them all in 1 voxalot account which would then be ringing a PBXes account. People would then call me on my German number from Sipgate or one of the dozens of inbound numbers by Tpad. For outbound calls I would use Voipstunt's cheap prices.

But I hear about so many problems between the companies involved in this scenario so that I still don't want to set it up. Your latest message makes it even worse. :(

martin 04-12-2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Condor (Post 7644)
My idea is to concentrate them all in 1 voxalot account which would then be ringing a PBXes account.

Out of curiosity, why do you need the PBXes account in this scenario? Doesn'y Voxalot alone allow you to achieve this?

mgoebel 04-12-2007 10:53 AM

Why do you need the PBXes account in this scenario?

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 7645)
Out of curiosity, why do you need the PBXes account in this scenario? Doesn'y Voxalot alone allow you to achieve this?

As you might have seen here I am interested in a worldwide calltrough:

http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...h-voxalot.html
Call-In with local numbers from SIP Broker or Tpad and Call-Out with Voipstunt. This would mean that I would have local Call-In numbers in the entire world. I could call the world for the price of a local call wherever I am.

I travel a lot and want to use my cheap callout rates from Voipstunt wherever I am. Also it would be theoretically possible to let my friends from abroad use these cheap rates for the price of a local call.

Of course I would prefer to do that all with Voxalot or your new product VoxRoam. I spent too much time in VoIP installations. ;)

andy 04-12-2007 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Condor (Post 7649)
I travel a lot and want to use my cheap callout rates from Voipstunt wherever I am. Also it would be theoretically possible to let my friends from abroad use these cheap rates for the price of a local call.

Of course I would prefer to do that all with Voxalot or your new product VoxRoam. I spent too much time in VoIP installations. ;)

Then try using the Voxalot callback.

In many cases, you can find a cheaper incoming rate for the phone number you are at than it's own outgoing tariff, especially from hotel rooms or callboxes.

eg - 2 legs of a call at Voipstunt rates will be free between about 40 countries' landlines, well free for the first couple of hundred minutes a week then 2 cents a minute

You don't need any VoIP hardware at all.

query to Martin - do you think the Voxalot and Betamax improvements will also allow a Sipbroker ID to be forwarded to a Betamax account? Or was this possible anyway and I just blundered the attempt?

mgoebel 04-12-2007 11:24 AM

Is there also a real callback? No web callback?

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 7651)
Then try using the Voxalot callback.

This sounds quite interesting!

But until now I found only Voxalot's Web Callback and the Mobile Callback. Both involve websites where you put your number and the one you want to call.

A "real" callback does not need any web site. You ring a number, hang up and then the number calls you back. Then you can put in the number you want to call and use the cheap prices of your VoIP provider.

Is this possible with Voxalot?

In many poor countries people have telephone but no internet. Also the data prices for mobile phones are high. So a "real" callback with Voxalot would be very welcome. But I did not find this function in the tutorial.

andy 04-12-2007 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Condor (Post 7653)
This sounds quite interesting!

But until now I found only Voxalot's Web Callback and the Mobile Callback. Both involve websites where you put your number and the one you want to call.

A "real" callback does not need any web site. You ring a number, hang up and then the number calls you back. Then you can put in the number you want to call and use the cheap prices of your VoIP provider.

Is this possible with Voxalot?

In many poor countries people have telephone but no internet. Also the data prices for mobile phones are high. So a "real" callback with Voxalot would be very welcome. But I did not find this function in the tutorial.

There are several methods for setting up callback, and no reason to describe only one as "real"

It's true that Voxalot's mobile callback uses some data on the mobile, but only about 2k I think, in the order of a couple of cents on most tariffs.

mgoebel 04-12-2007 12:15 PM

There are several methods for setting up callback...

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 7656)
There are several methods for setting up callback, and no reason to describe only one as "real"

So tell me !

As I said: I did not find it in the tutorial. RTFM is no answer. ;)

Where can I find an explication to set up a callback without a website / mobile website. When I am visiting my family in Peru there is no internet / mobile internet but there is a phone.

andy 04-12-2007 12:42 PM

I don't think I meant to imply that Voxalot had all these options

As far as I can see, both Claro and Movistar have data. Or is there no mobile signal there either?

mgoebel 04-12-2007 01:16 PM

Data plans in Peru

I suppose that you are right.

But last time I was in Peru I better should not have carried my cell phone, because the calls were so expensive with my German SIM card. The normal way to make calls in Lima is from coin phones. The fixed line phones of most of my friends have contracts with only 230 minutes a month. This means that after two weeks they can normally only receive calls. So they use the coin-operated telephones outside.

With the described call back on fixed line phones (which also works on many Peruvian coin phones) they could save much money and also I could save when I visit them for the next time. Another point is that mobile phone coverage in Peru is not very good outside the capital.

But also I understand that Voxalot has to earn money with premium services such as mobile callback. At PBXes you can also use the callback only with a premium account.

Mew 04-12-2007 04:31 PM

I wanted to use Voxalot as an extension of pbxes.org, but if it doesn't work very well...

In fact I wanted to use the ring back tone which doesn't exist on Voxalot and use other devices than my personal ATA, add my parent's lanline to the network...

wilsonhlacerda 04-12-2007 04:35 PM

Hi, all. Nice discussion. I live in Brazil, here we have more than 100.000.000 mobiles all over the country, what is almost 40% of all latin america mobiles, but we are yet a third world country and I know exactly what El_Condor is saying: very expensive voice and data and good coverage only in big cities. People (and businessmen!) from rich countries tend to forget this. This is a very good example in the VoIP subject:
My VoIP Provider - VoIP Services - - VoIP - The Arrogant Digital Divide

The callback El_Condor is missing is known as "ANI Callback" and far away this is the best callback of all of them. For poor and rich countries.

BUT PLEASE open a new topic to continue this discussion! This topic is for a problem of VoXaLot not working as an extension of PBXes! :)

By the way, can anyone help me solve this problem with VoXaLot? :(
Please read my 3 first posts of the topic.

wilsonhlacerda 04-13-2007 05:51 PM

No way to have VoXaLot as an extension of PBXes? What's weird is that it worked for 2 days!

I love VoXaLot and I'd like to stay with it. But if it can not register to my provider nor register to a PBXes extension for me to put an workaround in place, I think there's no option to me than completely move to PBXes till the problem with VoXaLot and my provider is solved.

I really want to go with VoXaLot. Can anyone help anyway?

wilsonhlacerda 04-14-2007 09:52 PM

And now...another problem!
On my every day test in order to see if somehow VoXaLot started to work again as an extension of PBXes I realized a new problem: VoXaLot will not ring.

Till yesterday the problem was only no audio. Now, although VoXaLot is registered to the PBXes extension (status in VoXaLot is "registered" and its extension is green in the PBXes status) VoXaLot do not ring. Seems that the call is automatically answered, as far as I can see when monitoring it in the PBXes status. This happen no matter if a put a call from another extension (registered to X-PRO) or I receive an external call via my provider configured as a trunk in PBXes.

Any help? It is very easy to replicate the problems. Can someone from VoXaLot investigate it?

martin 04-15-2007 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilsonhlacerda (Post 7764)
Any help? It is very easy to replicate the problems. Can someone from VoXaLot investigate it?

You need to provide more details. As a free service, we do not have the time or resource to look at peoples individual problems.

Please provide a connection diagram. e.g.

Is it ATA<-->Voxalot<-->Pbxes ?

Then you need to determine which leg is causing problems. You can do this by using trying SIP Broker access numbers etc.

If you provide as much diagnostics as possible then we can help.

wilsonhlacerda 04-15-2007 02:37 AM

Thank you for your help Martin. I've already done exactly this in the very beginning of this topic. Please see posts #1, #4 and #5 of this thread.

If you need any additional info just let me know.

Thanks, Wilson.

wilsonhlacerda 04-17-2007 06:59 PM

up!

any news???

wilsonhlacerda 04-21-2007 02:07 AM

Is this queued for investigation/support (any time expectation?) or should I give up?

Tony 04-23-2007 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilsonhlacerda (Post 8044)
Is this queued for investigation/support (any time expectation?) or should I give up?

Hi Wilson,

The technical team has spent a fair bit of time trying to address this issue, as well as your original issue of not being able to register your provider - which has led you to try pbexs as an alternate route. Unfortunately we cannot continue to investigate every possible configuration. We do our best to try and assist every one and all possible combinations and configurations, but we cannot guarantee that they will all work despite our efforts and the rest of the community's efforts.

As martin stated in the last post of we provide a 100% SIP compliant service
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup....html#post7475
which there was no response too from you. So I suggest you give up or find what your provider is doing that is not compliant with voxalot.

Perhaps when we are less busy we can come back and take a look at your particular issue.

Tony.

ronison 04-23-2007 05:38 PM

Hi Wilson

Hi Wilson. I'm from Brazil too. I have a two way route between Voxalot <-> PBXes working fine!

wycodreams 04-25-2007 01:52 AM

Ronison, please post your voxalot configuration in PBXES and your pbxes configuration in voxalot, please, you can help us to solve this problem. Thank you

wilsonhlacerda 04-25-2007 06:44 AM

ronison I'd thank you a lot if you post your configurations just like wycodreams asked. I've already tried it all ways and till now no sucess.

Tony thank you for your reply.
I know Voxalot "provide a 100% SIP compliant service", but the fact is that this Brazilian provider is also SIP and works 100% fine with Counterpath X-PRO, Counterpath eyeBeam, Grandstream HT-496 and PBXES but not with Voxalot. I myself tested with all of them.

So should we conclude that the provider, the X-PRO, the eyeBeam, the HT-496 and the PBXES are not 100% SIP compliant but they are somehow compliant among them? Is Voxalot the only "good guy"? :confused:

This suggests me that this "particular issue" maybe rising a broader problem.
Anyway, I really thank you for your effort to solve it till now.

Just like Martin I'm also waiting a reply for that post from the provider. Unfortunately only them and you can work on the problem. As I wrote in that topic I've asked for support to the Brazilian provider, but I got no reply from them to my 3 emails nor the topic (I sent its link to them). Seems they do not want to cooperate with us.

About Voxalot as an PBXES extension, let's wait ronison post his configuration that seems to work fine. I'm anxious for it. I really hope it is just a mistake of mine.

ronison 04-26-2007 03:43 AM

Voxalot Settings...

PBXes account settings at Voxalot Provider Setup:

Description: PBXes
Username: <login da extensão no PBXes>
Codecs: g729;ilbc;gsm;ulaw;alaw
SIP Proxy: pbxes.org
SIP Port: 5061
Active: Yes
SIP Register: Yes

Voxalot account setting at PBXes Trunk Setup:

Trunk Name: Voxalot
DTFM mode: auto
Audio bypass: No
Username: <voxalot account username>
Password: <voxalot account password>
SIP server: us.voxalot.com
Register: Yes (inbound and outbound calls)

wilsonhlacerda 04-26-2007 08:02 AM

Ronison, thanks for the post.

1. But when you put a call from PBXes to Voxalot how is the traffic for you? I mean:

A. you use PBXes trunk:
any PBXes extension ==> PBXes trunk linked to Voxalot ==> Voxalot

B. or you use PBXes extension:
any PBXes extension/trunk ==> PBXes extension linked to Voxalot ==> Voxalot

2. For this:
Quote:

PBXes account settings at Voxalot Provider Setup:
Description: PBXes
Username: <login da extensão no PBXes>
Codecs: g729;ilbc;gsm;ulaw;alaw
SIP Proxy: pbxes.org
SIP Port: 5061
Active: Yes
SIP Register: Yes
What's the configuration on the PBXes side? I mean, how is this PBXes extension linked to Voxalot configured in PBXes?

3. How is set your "Enable symmetric NAT handling" in Voxalot?

Please check that an answer this 3 questions so that we can have your total configuration.

wilsonhlacerda 04-26-2007 12:22 PM

New working solution for PBXes ==> VoXaLot !!!

As I only need one way call (provider ==> PBXes ==> VoXaLot) I've just tried a new solution and this one works fine!

In a nutshell the difference of it to my first one is that I do not have VoXaLot registered to a PBXes extension and the PBXes' VoXaLot extension is now directly pointing to my VoXaLot SIP/URI.

Detailed configuration:

In VoXaLot:
do nothing.

In PBXes:
Create a SIP extension. Say number 1000, name VoXaLot.
Submit.
Click on it again (to edit the advanced options).
On dial put SIP/<your voxalot number>@voxalot.com
Submit.
Click on the red bar.

Now if some PBXes extension/trunk rings extension 1000 your VoXaLot will ring!

After having this working you can try to change the "audio bypass" option to "yes" in your VoXaLot extension, other extensions and trunks. If they continue to work fine it's better this way. For me it was not possible and so all are "no".

Now you, just like me, can have VoIP providers that VoXaLot can not register to, ringing VoXaLot! (Just register a PBXes trunk to the provider and redirect all inbound calls from this trunk to the VoXaLot extension.)

;)

ygeffens 06-15-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilsonhlacerda (Post 8239)
New working solution for PBXes ==> VoXaLot !!!

As I only need one way call (provider ==> PBXes ==> VoXaLot) I've just tried a new solution and this one works fine!

I read through the whole thread, and maybe I missed it, but is there a sullotion for the opposite direction?

I created a provider:
PBXes myaccount-300 pbxes.org Yes - [Edit] [Delete]
I created a dialplan:
Priority Pattern Replacement Provider Active
1 _ZXXXXX ${EXTEN} VoXaLot Yes [Edit] [Delete]
2 _[124-9]XX ${EXTEN} VoXaLot Yes [Edit] [Delete]
7 _3XX ${EXTEN} PBXes 300 Yes [Edit] [Delete]

The extensions I want to reach in PBXes all start with "3", therefor I excluded "3" in rule number 2, and specifically tried to make a match in rule 7 for numbers starting with "3".

I created extention 300 in pbxes.
Now voxalot logs in to extention 300 in pbxes (I assume).
I call "311" (an existing extention in pbxes) but I don't get any connection.

What did I do wrong?

pauloneopark 06-16-2007 08:08 PM

Ygeffens,

It is enough so that vc set in motion its branch in Pbxes 300, that in the dial plan where vc placed:

7 _3XX $ {EXTEN} PBXes 300 yes [to edit] [suppression]

to subistituir for this:

7 _3X. $ {EXTEN} PBXes 300 yes [to edit] [suppression]
is only enough to eliminate a “x” of your dial plan and to place”. “

chatalot 12-09-2007 02:30 PM

Does anyone know if it is possible to dial * prefix on a pbxes extension and get it to pass this to voxalot. My problem is I get a caller not available message when I dial *600, the outbound connection to voxalot works fine when I dial 600. That is fine for the echotest but how do I dial * to access sipbroker codes?