Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Using a 2 port ATA with Voxalot (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=951)

jenalcom 01-28-2007 07:33 AM

Using a 2 port ATA with Voxalot

In particular the Sipura 2100.

OK. This is what I want to try and do. I'm not sure if it will work and after reading the FAQs and tutorials and searching the forums I'm still in the dark.

So here goes:

1)The Sipura 2100 has two ports which I will register as two separate IDs with voxalot (eg. 111111 and 222222).

2) I have 3 VSP accounts at the moment (Sipme, Oztell and Mynetfone) which I want BOTH ATA ports to be able to access via dial plans. I believe this should be OK via multiple registrations on the VSPs.

3) Both Voxalot IDs (and their related PSTN numbers) will be registered with e164.org for incoming calls and should forward calls to their respective separate ports on the ATA.

My understanding is that all the above should work fine. The problem comes when we start talking about incoming calls.

Say I have DIDs with both Oztell and Mynetfone. I only want the Oztell DID to ring the first ATA port (Voxalot ID 111111) and I only want the Mynetfone DID ring the second ATA port (Voxalot ID 2222222).

As I have effectively dual registration with both Oztell and Mynetfone via Voxalot then if I am using say Oztell from the ATA port1 (Voxalot ID 111111) and a call comes in on the Oztell DID then it would appear that the phone on the second ATA port will ring (Voxalot ID 222222) which I don't want to happen! The same thing with the Mynetfone DID.

Is there a way to make an incoming DID call from a provider go to only one port? In my case I want the Oztell DID call to only go to ATA port 1 (Voxalot ID 111111) and the Mynetfone DID call to only go to ATA port 2 (Voxalot ID 222222).

I though about using "call Forwarding" but I don't think it will do this. Anybody got any ideas???

Thanks

Alan

affinity 01-28-2007 11:51 AM

You can do as I and others do and that is register multiple ports and/or devices with the same voxalot account. They will all ring until one is answered or vm kicks in.

Otherwise, you can enter all providers for outgoing calls and have active set to yes for each required account for incoming -- thus only registering once per VSP account.

jenalcom 01-29-2007 12:45 AM

Thanks for the reply Affinity.

From what you are saying I should just set active to YES on my port one with Oztell and YES on my port two with Mynetfone and then incoming calls will only ring the specific port and not both. Outgoing calls will go by whatever routing I have in the dial plans.

I kind of thought that may do it after having a sleep on it.

Thanks again

Alan

affinity 01-29-2007 12:52 AM

Active means that it is available for making calls, "SIP Register" is for registering for receiving calls.

If you want to use 2x VoXaLot accounts, then make all entries active for both accounts and then only make the appropriate ones "Yes" for "SIP Register".

jenalcom 01-29-2007 02:33 AM

Thanks again for the reply. Much appreciated.

I am at the stage of trying to get the outbound operational!

At this stage I am just playing with one port only and just two providers, Oztell and Mynetfone (trying to keep the variables to as low a number as possible!).

I have successfully called into my Voxalot number from a PSTN gateway and that works fine.

I have both providers set up as Active = "Yes", SIP Registration = "No" for now, and a simple dial plan such that _6. goes out via Oztell and _08. goes out via Mynetfone.

However I don't seem able to make any outgoing calls. All I get is a busy signal (I can use the "600" echo test though so my ATA is ok).

Both VSPs show in the providers list as Active = "Yes", Status = "-". I guess I just have to wait until the status changes to "registered"(?). But will it do that if I have set the SIP registration to NO for both providers. If not should I still be able to make outgoing calls (I understood yes as the answer)?

Thanks again

Alan

affinity 01-29-2007 02:47 AM

Status is for registered status, not active status. So long as they are active, then you should be able to use them for calling out.

Do the tests on the dial plan screen to see how a dialed number should route. Make sure the result is suitable for the VSP, ie you may need to consider the calling format.

jenalcom 01-29-2007 05:43 AM

Once again, many thanks Affinity.

I managed to get the Oztell account working for dial out but still waiting for the registration to be complete to test the dial in side od it.

Not managed to get the Mynetfone outgoing working yet but it's a new account so I will have to try it direct from my ATA before I go any further.

As a test I am using very simple dial plans:
_6. via Oztell ( so I can dial my PSTN number as 6189xxxxxx)
_08. via Mynetfone (so I can dial my PSTN number as 089xxxxxxx)
and the test results seem to be ok.

I'll get there eventually!!

Thanks again

Alan

jenalcom 01-31-2007 06:03 AM

Just as a quick follow-up. Voxalot has to be registered with Mynetfone before you can make outgoing calls through them.

Hopefully Mynetfone will remove this restriction when they finally get it all working in conjunction with Voxalot.

Thanks for your help Affinity

Alan

martin 01-31-2007 06:19 AM

Thanks for sharing Alan.

affinity 01-31-2007 06:37 AM

Yes, thanks Alan.

So is the idea of using just one Voxalot account not going to work for you?