Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot General (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Official - Betamax and Voxalot Interoperability (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1380)

rmt 10-09-2007 07:49 AM

Perhaps the same as SMSdiscount?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amroe (Post 7709)
please help us about JustVoip , please martin contact Betamax to make JustVoip work with sip and thanks :)

For me, I bought credit with smsdiscount.com (having previously used voipbuster.com), then cursed when I discovered there was no sip.smsdiscount.com ... but being the ingenious bastard that I am, I tried using sip.voipbuster.com with my smsdiscount username/password, which, perhaps unsurprisingly, worked just fine. I noticed that all the sip DNS recordss pointed to the same IPs, so it wasn't a great leap to assume it might work with smsdiscount.

Could you use SIP with JustVoip in exactly the same way?

130166 10-09-2007 08:54 AM

Seems not, see here.

affinity 10-09-2007 01:33 PM

It's all Dutch to me.... sorry German ;-)

Is there a translation available or at least a summary in English?

emoci 10-09-2007 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affinity (Post 13284)
It's all Dutch to me.... sorry German ;-)

Is there a translation available or at least a summary in English?

I can't read it either, but having gone through each of the Betamax's to put this together
RedFlagDeals.com Forums - View Single Post - Free DID Numbers, Free Voip Calls, & more Voip Info

I read through this: My VoIP Provider - VoIP Services - - Betamax

Of interest there:

Note: It looks like the SIP settings for JustVoip do not work.

It seems that initially Finarea ran its own Asterisk servers offering SIP/IAX connectivity, they were located in different hosting centers across Europe (Colt Germany, Rackspace UK, etc). Shortly before the transfer to Betamax they started to consolidate all of their services on servers operated by TVIconnect BV, who are PSTN termination providers for callshops across Europe.

Also connectionserver.domain.com seems to be an alternate SIP Server for Betamax providers.....which is interesting since according to the german blog connectionserver.smsdiscount.com seems to be functional

130166 10-09-2007 08:55 PM

I can comfirm smsdiscount.com work with sip still yet, because I use it.
(but I don't use connectionserver............ because that is to mutch characters in voxalot, so I have repalaced by ip 194.120.0.198.
(however a ping give 194.221.62.197 now)

satphoneguy 12-06-2007 01:12 AM

Martin,

First off I apologize if this has already been covered. With your agreement to send to IP address of the ATA's to betamax how does this affect forwarding situations? If a call is going DID - voxalot - betamax than what IP address do you send? IP of the DID provider or the last known IP address of the voxalot account holder? Also would it make a difference if the call originated through a sipbroker number versus a DID/VSP registered inside an individual betamax account? Also with the information in the header would it be possible for betamax to know the difference between a call forwarding situation and call made from an ATA?

thanks so much,

spg

emoci 12-06-2007 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satphoneguy (Post 14630)
Martin,

First off I apologize if this has already been covered. With your agreement to send to IP address of the ATA's to betamax how does this affect forwarding situations? If a call is going DID - voxalot - betamax than what IP address do you send? IP of the DID provider or the last known IP address of the voxalot account holder? Also would it make a difference if the call originated through a sipbroker number versus a DID/VSP registered inside an individual betamax account? Also with the information in the header would it be possible for betamax to know the difference between a call forwarding situation and call made from an ATA?

thanks so much,

spg

See http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post14108

To summarize, in that situation the IP sent is the one of the DID provider...

I doubt there is a difference in the way the header appears when from ATA versus DID provider for them to distinguish between call and call forwarding... All they receive are IPs...

But Martin can best comment on this further

martin 12-06-2007 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 14635)
But Martin can best comment on this further

100% correct. No difference.

rucso 06-21-2008 03:17 PM

I have registered sip.intervoip.com account but it does not work with voxalot .

emoci 06-21-2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rucso (Post 17385)
I have registered sip.intervoip.com account but it does not work with voxalot .

Please see http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...e-voxalot.html