Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Making ATA ring through VOXALOT?!?! (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=2122)

andrerio 08-17-2007 11:27 AM

Making ATA ring through VOXALOT?!?!

Cruel doubt! Please help me sort this out!

1st Question: Do I have to have my ATA registered with VOXALOT to be able to use VOXALOT dial plans and all?

2nd Question: I have my ATA registered to VOXALOT. I can make calls and all dial plan works fine but when people call me my ATA won't ring.

3rd Question: Can I register my ATA with my VSP (NETELIP.COM) so my ATA will RING when someone call me and still be able to use Voxalot services to make calls? Or I do need to go Premium with Voxalot to be able to have my VSPs ring my ATA?

130166 08-17-2007 12:57 PM

For answering people need more info:

1st Can you register to Voxalot and Netelip.com or only one of them?
2nd Is it possible to forward calls from Netelip to sip-uri xxxxxx@voxalot.com?

andrerio 08-17-2007 01:14 PM

My ATA only allows me to register with two (2) VSPs. So been this way I only have 1 SIP port available to use because one of them must be registered with VONO.

My ATA is like this...

SIP ACC 1: I have VONO been registered (Inbound/Outbound calls)
SIP ACC 2: This port is available but now I have NETELIP, FWD and VOXALOT to register.

I cannot have NETELIP forward to VOXALOT.

I want to have SIP PORT 1 setup with VONO for inbound/outbound calls.
I also want to be able to Receive calls from FWD, IPKALL and NETELIP and also be able to MAKE calls using NETELIP.

Can be done this?

andrerio 08-17-2007 01:15 PM

Hello everyone! I am going to try to explain here what I trying to do and I would like to hear suggestions on how this can be achieved.

THE SERVICES I USE:
Vono: Por que falar de outro jeito? - I have a braziliam DID number and I use this service to make/receive calls and it's configured in my ATA on SIP Account 1 and works fine!
FREE IP Calling with IPKall - I have a FREE US DID Number on this service been forwarded to FWD.
FWD | Home - I have this account setup on my ATA on SIP Account 2 and it works just fine also. On this line I receive calls from FWD and IPKALL and make calls using FWD.
http://www.netelip.com - I just signed up with this service and I got a DID in Spain and I want to use this VSP to make/receive calls also. I have a SIP URI in the following format <netelip_userid>@sip.netelip.com

IPKALL ISSUE:
IPKALL seems to accept forward only to Free World Dialup!!!
I tried <vono_userid>@vono.net.br and <netelip_userid>@sip.netelip.com on IPKALL configuration and won't work. When I call my IPKALL # I get busy signal. But if I forward it to my FWD account <fwd_userid>@fwd.pulver.com works fine!!!
ANY SUGGESTIONS HERE WHY DOES NOT WORK WITH OTHERS???

THE CHALLENGE:
With my ATA (Conectabox Zyxel P2602HWL-61C) letting me register with only 2 VSPs I though of Voxalot service!
So I created an account with Voxalot. Added all my VSP's listed above and created some Dial Plans. After this I configured SIP PORT 2 on my ATA to register with Voxalot. I went for some tests and everything seems to work smooth. I was able to make all the calls based on my dial plans configuration.
The only problem now is that voxalot will NOT ring my ATA!!! If anyone calls me on the VSPs I have added to my voxalot account my ATA/PHONE won't ring.

Do I have to go Voxalot Premium to be able to have voxalot register with my VSPs so people can call me and voxalot will RING my ata/phone?

kurun 08-17-2007 01:48 PM

Your ATA with the Voxalot account on it must be registered with Voxalot to get incoming calls from Voxalot.

Your VSPs (Voip Service Provider) have to be registered in Voxalot to get incoming calls to your VSP account or their DID number.
This requires one of the Premium Plans that allows VSP registration.

Voxalot
[Check Provider SIP Registrations for Inbound]

IpKall DID works with Voxalot and does not need (cannot be done !) registration.
Note that IpKall only accepts calls with a valid Caller ID information now.

Hope this helps .......

andrerio 08-17-2007 02:04 PM

How would I setup IPKALL with Voxalot?How would I setup the SIP URI in IPKALL settings page?

How can I tell if NETELIP VSP would accepts IPKALL incoming forward?? Is this something I have to ask their tech support?

affinity 08-17-2007 02:51 PM

IPKall seems to work fine when called from MNF in Australia. I haven't been able to get international CLID working fine for calls to/from Australian mobiles/fixed lines /DID numbers with a US number though.

IPKall can be SIP URI forwarded to voxalot instead of FWD and FWD can also be SIP URI forwared to voxalot.

affinity 08-17-2007 02:52 PM

You need not necessarily register Voxalot to use the dial plans, but it is the easiest way. You want Voxalot registered for the incoming SIP URI forwards anyway....

andrerio 08-17-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affinity (Post 11772)
You need not necessarily register Voxalot to use the dial plans, but it is the easiest way. You want Voxalot registered for the incoming SIP URI forwards anyway....

OK. So now I have IPKALL and SIPNUMBER forward the calls to my VOXALOT <voxalot_uid>@eu.voxalot.com

Is this correct???

So now if I register my ATA with voxalot I will be able to make and receive calls through voxalot and still receive calls from IPKALL and SIPNUMBER DIDs with the FREE voxalot account? Or I still need to get the VoxPro account?

I understood you saying that Voxalot does NOT need to have IPKALL and SIPNUMBER registered to be able to receive calls from them. It this right?
I just have to add them to my provider's list and that's it?

affinity 08-17-2007 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrerio (Post 11774)
OK. So now I have IPKALL and SIPNUMBER forward the calls to my VOXALOT <voxalot_uid>@eu.voxalot.com

Is this correct???

Yes. Does SIPNUMBER do a SIP URI forward too?

Quote:

So now if I register my ATA with voxalot I will be able to make and receive calls through voxalot and still receive calls from IPKALL and SIPNUMBER DIDs with the FREE voxalot account? Or I still need to get the VoxPro account?
That is right, but there are other features in VoxPremium -- such as web call back and call forwarding. Even if you don't need SIP register.
Quote:

I understood you saying that Voxalot does NOT need to have IPKALL and SIPNUMBER registered to be able to receive calls from them. It this right?
I just have to add them to my provider's list and that's it?
I don't know about SIPNUMBER, but if it works the same as IPKall, then no, you don't need either of them SIP registered by voxalot -- the SIP URI forward to voxalot should be fine.