Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot General (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Free DID Numbers, Free Voip Calls, & more Voip Info (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1776)

jvachez@free.fr 03-28-2008 06:37 PM

Hi

Is there Free DID numbers that allow receiving SMS send by other people for free ?

emoci 03-29-2008 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jvachez@free.fr (Post 15986)
Hi

Is there Free DID numbers that allow receiving SMS send by other people for free ?

DID numbers and SMS do not usually mix well...or at least I have not seen any solid implementation of it....

That said though, with most Mobile Providers, SMS messages that are sent to you are free for you, it is usually the sender that pays the price....

Maybe you can expand a bit on what you are looking to do

jvachez@free.fr 03-29-2008 12:52 PM

In fact there are websites that send PIN number by SMS.

I want a free number to receive it.

I don't want to give my true number because it can be reused for sending me spam ads.

emoci 04-01-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jvachez@free.fr (Post 15992)

I don't want to give my true number because it can be reused for sending me spam ads.

I realize many services now send confirmation PIN numbers....

You just won't find services that provide a Virtual Number where you can receive SMS (at least not to the best of my knowledge)

These sort of numbers are just not available yet.....

dc2007 04-21-2008 10:36 AM

im using ringbranch as i need its caller id feature (it passes ringbranch number) but lately it started having this long if not annoying ad/sponsor. do you guys know an alternative to ringbranch except grandcentral?

urick 06-25-2008 01:01 PM

emoci, can you help me?
I've set up Richiamami at LiberaIlVoip according to your guide
The Callback worked OK.
But I haven't logged in to my LiberaIlVoip account for last 10 days.
And Richiamami doesn't work now.
Is the problem caused by this limitation -
"per poter utilizzare il servizio Richiamami devi esserti loggato ALMENO UNA VOLTA negli ultimi 7 GIORNI alla tua sezione personale del sito LiberailVoIP."
(to use the service Richiamami you must be logged AT LEAST ONCE in the last 7 days to your personal section of the site LiberailVoIP)?
If it is, how can I retrieve the function? Or I'm banned forever?

emoci 06-25-2008 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urick (Post 17503)
emoci, can you help me?
I've set up Richiamami at LiberaIlVoip according to your guide
The Callback worked OK.
But I haven't logged in to my LiberaIlVoip account for last 10 days.
And Richiamami doesn't work now.
Is the problem caused by this limitation -
"per poter utilizzare il servizio Richiamami devi esserti loggato ALMENO UNA VOLTA negli ultimi 7 GIORNI alla tua sezione personale del sito LiberailVoIP."
(to use the service Richiamami you must be logged AT LEAST ONCE in the last 7 days to your personal section of the site LiberailVoIP)?
If it is, how can I retrieve the function? Or I'm banned forever?

No, just log in .... it should start working again (and yes it is their 7 day return to site policy)

They are working on a new version for LIV that's supposedly going to be completely drag-drop-and-click... and there's been suggestions they'll let people confirm as logged in via text messaging when on the road in the future.

urick 06-25-2008 01:56 PM

emoci, thanx for your answer
I'll test
May be, it'll start working again

emoci 06-27-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urick (Post 17507)
emoci, thanx for your answer
I'll test
May be, it'll start working again

So did it work out.... It seems LIV had some server issues as well, at one point.

Supposedly there are so many Eutelia registrations that when Eutelia was having registration problems it affected other resgitrations as well.

It appears things have been fixed though

apoermandya 07-09-2008 04:46 AM

Free Singapore DID Number

Hi,

Check out pfingo .

It currently offer a promotion of Free 1-Year Basic Subscription (S$ 24 Value) that gives you a Free Singapore DID Number plus $2 Call credit and $1 SMS credit.
The promotion is valid until 11 September 2008.

You need to register your e-mail and mobile though because it will send send the activation URL via email and the Activation code via SMS.

After you validate your account, you need to get a PIN number by login to the pfingo.com website then choose pfingoDESKTOP and click Forgot PIN.
A new PIN will be send to your email.

Sip Settings :
Proxy : sip.pfingo.com
Username : Your Pfingo number
Password : Your PIN (not your password)

I can register successfully with my X-lite softphone and my Voxalot Premium account from Melbourne, Australia.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Adrian

P.S. Even after the promotion finished, S$24 is still a good value for a Singapore DID compare to $15/month from DID WW.

Soruk 03-12-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jvachez@free.fr (Post 15992)

I know this post is ancient, but...

If you have a UK DID, then try sending an SMS to it. BT's SMS-to-speech system will phone you (presents an 0845 CLID) and read the message out. It works on my Tesco Internet Phone, COMS.com and Sipgate lines. It might take a little while to reach you though so don't expect instant results...

tonilee27 04-13-2010 02:18 AM

Nice thread so much to choose from and great for me since I've been searching for some quality voip. I'm using xlite and 3cxphone and I found Nomado working so well with it. Very easy configuration, cheap rates.

hawsmit 06-08-2010 03:30 PM

I'm a little confused--are these services for actual VoIP, or just to allow free/reduced rate calling from the VoIP that you already have?

Jayzon 08-05-2010 09:21 AM

NumberGroup is offering free UK DID too.

Soruk 01-13-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayzon (Post 31438)
NumberGroup is offering free UK DID too.

Not any more, they've gone very expensive as of 2012.

UKDDI http://www.ukddi.com/ still offer free numbers.