Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Voicemail Alert Email (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=2358)

hrudy 10-02-2007 11:26 PM

Voicemail Alert Email

Hi,

1. Is it possible so that when I received an email from Voxalot indicating that I have a Voicemail, I don't want the .WAV attachment.

2. Also, can I configure the email address for the Voicemail Alert Email ?

kurun 10-02-2007 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrudy (Post 13092)
Hi,

1. Is it possible so that when I received an email from Voxalot indicating that I have a Voicemail, I don't want the .WAV attachment.

2. Also, can I configure the email address for the Voicemail Alert Email ?

1) Not at this time

2) Voxalot allows one email address for all services associated with your Account at this time.

affinity 10-03-2007 12:32 AM

I would like to see the possiblity of a different email for voicemails too. For instance, if I could send to a special address that sends me an SMS, then I can get notification to my phone for the cost of the SMS to me. I wouldn't want this for every email, just ones that are voicemail related -- I may fix this at my end with email filters though.

Edit: just set up a filter, now awaiting a voicemail message to arrive.....

ctylor 10-03-2007 02:43 AM

That's an interesting idea.

affinity 10-03-2007 02:59 AM

Okay, just got through a VM from my production account from 12:30pm delivered at 12:52pm -- the SMS worked on that one.

affinity 10-03-2007 03:15 AM

Although it could be better if the most significant information is restricted to the SMS limit of 160 characters.

I got the following:

Subject [Voicemail]: 614nnnnnnnn <+614nnnnnnnn> Left new message 2 in mailbox 85nnn Message: Hello:

It might be better with the subject line as:
Subject [VM]:2:85nnnn:614nnnnnnnn:23:200710031230.32

- that makes it short and sweet and to the point.
- it immediately tells me that I have just received a second voicemail message in my 85nnnn account from caller 614nnnnnnnn of 23 seconds length and the actual time of the call.

The body of the email can be more verbose if necessary; with my setup it will just get truncated at the 160 character point.

kurun 10-03-2007 03:36 AM

I have tried sending my Voicemail notifications to my Mobile and in general it works well.
The message can be improved in format to remove all redundant text similar to what affinity has indicated above.
Basically I need to know:
VM No x, Duration x:xx, from xxxxxxxxxx, at XX:XX (24:00 hr format please)

Being able to specify a different email address for Voicemail would also be a useful feature, as my mobile provider allows short emails to be received as SMS messages at no charge.

Somebody also suggested a buried link as opposed to an actual file attachment for the VM message in the email.
Again in the interest of getting greatest bang for the byte, this would be very welcome.

majo 10-03-2007 03:24 PM

Template based email

Hi,
It will be very nice if outgoing emails for voice mail can be templated. Then VoxAlot should publish variables and user should be able to create his voice mail template.

e.q

---template voice mail---
Subject: New VM=@NewVM,Duratio=@Duration,Date=@Date

You have got @NewVM new message.

---end template voice mail---

Maybe some looping construct can be implemented for messages

Regards.

majo

craig 10-06-2007 06:13 AM

Nearly all of these suggestions are reasonable and possible. I've had a quick look and, with a bit of restructuring around the way we send voicemail emails, there is a chance that we can implement some of these ideas.

There are a few other things I am working at the moment that need to be done first, but I have created a new feature request in our tracking system and will type up my design notes.

--
Craig