Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Account renewal reminder (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=3257)

loraolo 07-28-2008 08:42 AM

Renewal Subscription - upgrade extension ignored

Martin,

As you could check I joined with voxalot service with a VoxLite account on July, 30th last year. Then, on Sep 3rd, 2007 I upgraded to VoxPro.

Now the renewal subscription reminder tell me that my premium account will expire in 7 days ...

Could you check it and extent the reminder to the voxpro upgrade expiration as per your post on the forum?

Thanks

rajtp 07-28-2008 01:10 PM

renewal email

i renewed on 7/22 but still geting emails stating i haven't. Can someone check up if my id 516687 has been renewed successfully?

thanks

affinity 07-28-2008 02:15 PM

Can we have an expiry date added to the member's page so that we can see current expiry on accounts please?

emoci 07-30-2008 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loraolo (Post 18197)
Martin,

As you could check I joined with voxalot service with a VoxLite account on July, 30th last year. Then, on Sep 3rd, 2007 I upgraded to VoxPro.

Now the renewal subscription reminder tell me that my premium account will expire in 7 days ...

Could you check it and extent the reminder to the voxpro upgrade expiration as per your post on the forum?

Thanks

This appears to work like this:

Since you were originally in VoXLite, when you upgraded you bought a VoXUpgrade package (not VoXPro), giving you a total of 6 registrations (1 from VoXLite, 5 from VoXUpgrade)

So you have two packages at the moment:
VoXLite (which is expiring)
VoXUpgrade (still has a while to go)

Here's the catch, VoXUpgrade will continue to be in your account for the rest of the time left, but cannot be used, unless combined with either VoXLite, VoXPro or VoXExtreme

So your choices are:
-Renew for a VoXLite (1 reg) now, then renew again in September for your VoXUpgrage (5 reg)
-Renew now to a VoXPro (5 reg), and you'll have VoXUpgrade until Sept. with another 5 reg (for a total of 10). When VoXUpgrade expires in Sept., you'll be left with VoXPro (5 registrations)

There is one more catch, if you want to take the second option, you'll want to wait until VoXLite expires, and your Account reverts to VoXBasic before upgrading to VoXPro (no information will be lost, but for providers registered for incoming calls, expect some downtime in terms of incoming calls while you make the switch)....

emoci 07-30-2008 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affinity (Post 18202)
Can we have an expiry date added to the member's page so that we can see current expiry on accounts please?

If you go to http://www.voxalot.com/action/renewals (and provided you are logged into your account) the page shows when your current subscription expires

I agree a permanent expiration date at the top may be more helpful, but this should help as a temporary fix...

snowleopard 07-31-2008 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 18262)
If you go to http://www.voxalot.com/action/renewals (and provided you are logged into your account) the page shows when your current subscription expires

I agree a permanent expiration date at the top may be more helpful, but this should help as a temporary fix...

That URL just shows me:
Quote:

Subscription Renewals
There are no products to renew.
Is there something I'm missing?
Also, it's been more than a week since my 7 day warning and my account still shows 'PREMIUM' at the top, and is registered to all my providers?

craig 07-31-2008 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ataboy (Post 18177)
Well, actually I'm on VoxLite, not VoxBasic, but what you are telling me about maintaining my id is good news. Can I just confirm the situation: if I let VoxLite expire and then order VoxPro I just pay $25, but my VSP details are still on record? Also, If I were to export my dialplans etc. before letting my account lapse, then could I import them to my new VoxPro account without having to reinstall each one manually?

It is your subscription that is expiring, not your account. Your provider details will continue to remain in your account... you just won't be able to register them (which is what the subscription is used for).

You are mixing your metaphors a little... you don't sign up for a "VoxPro account", but rather you sign up for a "VoxPro subscription for your Voxalot account". Does that help explain things a bit?

--
Craig

craig 07-31-2008 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowleopard (Post 18192)
Seconded! Can I get an answer to this? My account is about to expire (isn't a week rather short notice for an annual subscription that most people would forget about??) and I have exported my bits and pieces.

Again, let me reiterate that your account isn't expiring... all that expires is the subscription. You shouldn't need to export/import anything.

--
Craig

craig 07-31-2008 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajtp (Post 18201)
i renewed on 7/22 but still geting emails stating i haven't. Can someone check up if my id 516687 has been renewed successfully? thanks

Yes, a few people have reported this. We have found a bug in our system where we are still sending some people a reminder even after they have renewed. I hope to deploy a fix to this problem tonight.

In the meantime, I have checked your account, and your renewal has definitely been received and processed.

--
Craig

craig 07-31-2008 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affinity (Post 18202)

An excellent idea that has been suggested by a number of people. Hoping to have a page up and running in the next few days. Watch this space...

--
Craig