Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Grandstream 286 - No outbound calls! (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1187)

The King 03-08-2007 01:00 PM

Grandstream 286 - No outbound calls!

I've just received delivery of my Grandstream Handytone 286 adaptor.

I have configured it to use my voxalot account, however I have a problem!!

First - background on my setup.
Voxalot account has been set so that incoming calls come via sipgate, and outgoing calls go via voipcheap. I have no problems with the voxalot setup as it has all been working fine when using the x-lite softphone.

Now using the HT-286 adaptor, with a cordless phone plugged in;

When I dial my sipgate number from another phone, my phone connected to the ATA rings, and I can have a conversation no problem, so incoming is working fine.

However when I dial a number to make an outbound call nothing happens!
I have waited for over a minute (thinking it may take some time for the instruction to go through) but nothing.
I have tried dialing using a # after the number, and without dialing a #, neither gives me any joy.

Does anyone have experience with this ATA? What am I doing wrong!? If it were registration or firewall issues I could understand, but with incoming calls working surely this isn't the problem?

tomblandford 03-08-2007 01:51 PM

Have you tried putting the number you are dialling into the test box of the dial plan tab on the voxlaot website?

Are you using 0044 up front? You need to with voipcheap. have you set it to skip the 0 if not, ie 01222 converts to 00441222 and not 0044012222 in the test. My voipcheap dial plan looks like this: _07. 0044${EXTEN:1} VoipCheap (I only use it for mobiles).

Have you got your voipcheap account registered to sip.voipcheap.com (that's what I have) or just voipcheap.com?

Are you logged on still in Xlite (you can only log on in one place with voipcheap). If you set your voipcheap account not to 'SIP register' in voxalot this will not be a problem.

And finally, have you got your ATA registering to eu.voxalot.com or just voxalot.com - I'm never sure which to use but I have mine on the eu one.

Hope one of those ideas works!

Oh, one more thing: have you tried outgoing calls with Sipgate? That will help work out if it is your settings in the ATA or voxalot. You can use 0800200300 for free testing!

The King 03-08-2007 02:41 PM

Hi, thanks for your message.

My dial plans are all set up correctly, which is why outgoing calls work just fine with x-lite.

I have not set voxalot to 'SIP register' my voipcheap account.
But in any case I have tested this with the x-lite off as well as with it running.

It must be my settings on the ATA, but I really can't see what I've done wrong!

Do I need to set up the ATA so it recognizes the tones I press on my phone?
Is Grandstream adding a 'dial plan' of it's own before sending my dialed numbers through to voxalot?

My SIP server in set to us.voxalot.com, that is the same as I had in x-lite (that is my closest geographical server)

tomblandford 03-08-2007 02:50 PM

have you tried outgoing calls with Sipgate?

The King 03-08-2007 03:03 PM

Tried calling 0800200300 as you suggested
(had to create a dialplan to send _08. to 0044${EXTEN:1} via Sipgate)

Nothing, no joy at all.

tomblandford 03-08-2007 03:09 PM

I have a Gransdstream phone (not ATA) but I think setup is similar. I'll send you a screen dump of my setup tonight when I get home and you can play spot the difference and see if that gets it working. About 7pm GMT today, check here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tomandkate/gs/

affinity 03-08-2007 03:17 PM

The first things to test are voicemail and echo test at voxalot itself, *500 and *600 respectively.

The King 03-08-2007 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblandford (Post 6439)
I have a Gransdstream phone (not ATA) but I think setup is similar. I'll send you a screen dump of my setup tonight when I get home and you can play spot the difference and see if that gets it working. About 7pm GMT today, check here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tomandkate/gs/

Fantastic, thanks a lot!

tomblandford 03-08-2007 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affinity (Post 6442)
The first things to test are voicemail and echo test at voxalot itself, *500 and *600 respectively.

Also try 500 without the * since *500 has never worked on my grandstream phone (I think it could be reserved by the phone for speed dialling or something?)

affinity 03-08-2007 03:44 PM

If you want to try 500 you may need to add a dial plan entry that replaces 500 with *500 as follows:

500 => *500 via VoXaLot

[same goes for 600]

I thought that 500 and *500 would both work, but I just did a test on the test and production servers that failed to work, so I added the dial plan entries.

tomblandford 03-08-2007 03:47 PM

I just removed a dial plan yesterday sending 500 to *031500@SipBroker becuase Martin advised that 500 should work and it does on my phone! :rolleyes:

http://forum.voxalot.com/showthread.php?t=1173 - bottom of the page

Maybe I'll put it back in just to be safe!

affinity 03-08-2007 05:24 PM

I would make it simpler...

_500 to *500@VoXaLot

tomblandford 03-08-2007 06:10 PM

If I use 500 without the * it works for me still!

If I route it to *500@VoXaLot I have to input my mailbox number first (gets low WAF rating).

Using *010500@SIPBroker I go straight to password input.
*031500@SIPBroker does not work (error 603).

All that is not exactly as I would have expected, but whatever works! :rolleyes:

The King 03-08-2007 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblandford (Post 6439)

Thanks! Have saved this, and will try it out when I get home.
Really much appreciated, will let you know how I get along.

The King 03-09-2007 01:34 AM

Woohoo!!!

Sorry, am having difficulty hiding my joy, but a HUGE thank you to Tom.

I have no idea which setting needed changing, but after making all my setting match yours it now works!

Am soooo chuffed, if you were here I'd give you a hug!

tomblandford 03-09-2007 10:15 AM

Glad I could help!
I'll duck out of the hug though :D

The King 03-09-2007 11:43 AM

Haha!

Oh, and just to clarify on the posts above re *500 vs 500

*500 doesn't work, I get told "call can not be connected' etc.
Dialing 500 on its own connects me to voicemail no problem.

affinity 03-09-2007 12:39 PM

An update on the 500 vs *500 -- both work; I had a failure for some reason, so I went to dial plan to test. Turns out the dial plan test doesn't take into account this rule. So all is well and both 500 and *500 work the same [ditto for 600 *600 too].

tomblandford 03-09-2007 01:51 PM

That's great.

While this issue is being discussed, it seems strange, but *600 does work on my phone while *500 doesn't. When I dial *5 it seems to send the call straightaway but nothing happens. I wonder if it is something with Grandstream.

Anyway, I'm happy coz 500 works just fine.

tomblandford 03-09-2007 02:00 PM

I found these features in the GS manual but none start with *5 so it's still a mystery.

*30 Block Caller ID (for all subsequent calls)
*31 Send Caller ID (for all subsequent calls)
*67 Block Caller ID (per call)
*82 Send Caller ID (per call)
*70 Disable Call Waiting (per Call)
*71 Enable Call Waiting (per Call)
*72 Unconditional Call Forward Dial “*72” for a dial tone. Dial the forwarding number followed by “#”. Wait for dial tone. LCD will display “Call FWD Activated”.
*73 Cancel Unconditional Call Forward: di
*90 Busy Call Forward Dial “*90” for a dial tone. Dial the forwarding number followed by “#”. Wait for a dial tone. Hang up.
*91 Cancel Busy Call Forward: dial “*91”. Wait for dial tone. Hang up.
*92 Delayed Call Forward
*93 Cancel Delayed Call Forward Dial “*93” for a dial tone, then hang up.

The King 03-09-2007 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblandford (Post 6500)
That's great.

While this issue is being discussed, it seems strange, but *600 does work on my phone while *500 doesn't. When I dial *5 it seems to send the call straightaway but nothing happens. I wonder if it is something with Grandstream.

Anyway, I'm happy coz 500 works just fine.

I agree this must be a grandstream thing.
For me *500 does not work at all. Didn't notice if it failed after dialing *5 or after the full string.

Not too concerned though, as 500 works just fine.

pranzo 03-10-2007 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The King (Post 6433)
Hi, thanks for your message.

My dial plans are all set up correctly, which is why outgoing calls work just fine with x-lite.

Have you tried to access voicemail by 500, as suggested also by Affinity?

Have you set up properly port forwarding on your router? Softphones work even if you have not done it, but ATAs require it.

kurun 03-10-2007 01:59 PM

*500 on Grandstream ATAs

There was another chain with related information.

If you set the field "Enable Call Features" to [NO], then *500 will work.

If you look at the Call Features list in the ATA manual, you will find that the *50 is the code for disable call waiting.

I believe that the ATA takes the first part of [*500#] as a feature key-in, and sends "0#" to Voxalot.

Since [*60] is not a listed feature code, then [*600#] works.

I am using a GS HT-496 set up as above, but I think this applies to all the models.

Note also that there are 2 versions of the ATA-286, one of which is not upgradeable to the latest firmware. I did have an earlier model that I am not using right now. It did have some other issues with leading[*] dialling, but I did not investigate it further.

Hope this helps.

pranzo 03-10-2007 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurun (Post 6526)
There was another chain with related information.

If you look at the Call Features list in the ATA manual, you will find that the *50 is the code for disable call waiting.

I believe that the ATA takes the first part of [*500#] as a feature key-in, and sends "0#" to Voxalot.

I am using a GS HT-496 set up as above, but I think this applies to all the models.

Note also that there are 2 versions of the ATA-286, one of which is not upgradeable to the latest firmware. I did have an earlier model that I am not using right now. It did have some other issues with leading[*] dialling, but I did not investigate it further.

Hope this helps.

Useful information, thanks.
And what about ** for speed dials? It does not work with me.
http://forum.voxalot.com/showthread.php?t=1173

affinity 03-10-2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranzo (Post 6529)
And what about ** for speed dials? It does not work with me.

How about adding this dial plan:

_11. **{EXTEN:2} VoXaLot

This way if you start a dial sequence with 11, then the 11 is replaced with ** for the speed dial.

kurun 03-11-2007 03:57 AM

** for Speed dials with Grandstream ATA

** works for me both with GS ATA and IP Phone.
The (triple) *** is used to enter the ATA Configuration menu from the handset.
No idea why (double) ** does not work.
If you post or PM me, your configuration settings, I'll take a look and give you an opinion. All the best.

pranzo 03-12-2007 09:36 AM

Quote:

Yes, things are as you said.

Quote:

For me, another trick was needed. Read my other message. Thanks for four suggestions. :)

pranzo 03-12-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affinity (Post 6537)
How about adding this dial plan:

_11. **{EXTEN:2} VoXaLot

This way if you start a dial sequence with 11, then the 11 is replaced with ** for the speed dial.

It does not work. :(

Edit: now I've solved. Please read my reply to Kurun. Thanks. :)

pranzo 03-12-2007 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurun (Post 6544)
** works for me both with GS ATA and IP Phone.
The (triple) *** is used to enter the ATA Configuration menu from the handset.
No idea why (double) ** does not work.
If you post or PM me, your configuration settings, I'll take a look and give you an opinion. All the best.

Thanks for your kindness. I've solved. What an hard won!

To access Voicemail *500, I have changed "Caller ID Scheme" from "BellCore" to "ETSI_FSK" besides "Enable Call Features" from "Yes" to "No".

The problem about speed dials was due (I suppose) to the new set-up recently made in VoXaLot. After deleting and re-setting speed dials, they work well.